topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:54 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to join different screenshots in Screenshot Captor  (Read 4084 times)

daNNed

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How to join different screenshots in Screenshot Captor
« on: February 01, 2010, 03:14 AM »
I want two (or more) screenshots to be present on the same canvas. But when I drag&drop the second screenshot it appears to be smaller and i cannot place it NEAR the original picture, only on it, because there are "borders" and i cannot move the image where i want it to be (this is the main problem).
I've searched through the settings but didn't actually found any option which would allow me to join different shots so that they would be placed near each other but not one on the other...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to join different screenshots in Screenshot Captor
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 03:19 AM »
I'm definitely going to be either building this into Screenshot Captor, or setting up some SC external tool configurations that will do it (irfanview has nice features for combining images horizontal or vertically).

For now, as a workaround, do what you are doing, drag one into the other -- then use the Edit->Resize menu (or Ctrl+G) -- and choose to "EXPAND CANVAS" instead of resizing.  Then you'll have more blank space to align your other image.

daNNed

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks a lot
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 03:34 AM »
You see, I've been using SnagIT8 in the office for a quite long period of time and got used to it. But I don't want to buy it for my home computer, so I decided to use some non-shareware soft and found this one. Actually I think that after some period of practice I'll get used to SC as well as to SnagIT. As far as I see SC has plenty of useful features!
Thanks for your answer.

daNNed

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
By the way...
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 04:35 AM »
What if I need to resize the canvas to make it smaller. Now I resize it manually by adding some ammount of pixels. In most cases the canvas becomes too large and after adding all the images I need there is still plenty of space...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to join different screenshots in Screenshot Captor
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 04:57 AM »
then you crop -- that's the easiest thing in the world.. select the area you want to keep and hit the crop button.