ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

encrypted AHK script

(1/2) > >>

ljbirns:
I have and AHK script that sends a text  password to open a program by my pressing a hotkey series . In the password GUI it shows as ******************
 But if anyone were to open the AHK file the password is in plain text. ( although you would have to know it is a password )
Is there a way to hide or encrypt the plain text in tha AHK file and yet have it work as the  password  to open the program ?

Lew

argv:
Why not compiling the script and eventually compacting it with UPX (http://upx.sourceforge.net/)..

skwire:
You can use any of the number of string encrypting functions on the AutoHotkey forums but if somebody has access to your source code, they can easily debug it right after your string is decrypted and see what your password is anyway.

f0dder:
Doesn't matter what you do, if the script is going to send the password somewhere, it can be catched somehow. Sure, you can compile the script - people will just unpack or dump from memory. You can encrypt the password and decrypt it runtime, but that can be dumped from memory as well. There's nothing you can do about it, really :)

Well, you could store the password in Windows "protected storage", and retrieve it from there - the protected storage is automatically available when you're logged in. That does mean that if you're logged in, it's again easy as eating pie to get at the password.

ljbirns:
I compiled the script and put it on a flash drive. ( Strangely it took my three tries to compile.  Kept getting an error message.)
That should Thank you all for your help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version