Haven't actually tried this yet but it looks interesting.
For those who don't know FireTrust produce some really good software for managing emails to. MailWasher is a widely known spam filtering system that stops spam being downloaded to you POP inbox and I used to use it a lot (but have made alternative arrangements now for spam).
Another great product that I still use (and heartily recommend) is Benign which filers all POP email as you download it and removes all potentially dangerous scripts and HTML content - including single pixel images which store cookies or report home. Benign is highly configurable and is idea if you use POP mail and especially if you use MS Outlook or Outlook Express which can have serious potential security flaws in their rendering of email pages depending on you security settings.
Anyway here is the new product ...
> SiteHound 1.3.2
SiteHound is a free toolbar for Internet Explorer and is your first line of defense against internet threats including phishing, scams, spyware, adware, security risks and viruses from rogue websites.
Download your free copy of Sitehound here :http://www.firetrust.../firetrustsitehound/
As you may know, fraudulent sites are a huge problem on the internet. As well as listing over 50,000 rogue sites, we've already got a list of over 4,000 fake banks and are adding more than 20 a day!
But, Sitehound does much more than just protect you against fraudulent sites, it also protects against:
* Many types of internet scams
* Malicious sites which load adware and spyware on to your computer
* Sites with rogue software on them
* Misleading sites or sites which have false advertising
* Spam advertised sites
* Sites with security vulnerabilities
* Adult sites
And much more...
Even better, if you upgrade to the enhanced version of SiteHound for the great introductory price of only US$19.95*, you'll have access to these special features :
* Automatic daily updates to the SiteHound database of rogue sites
* Comprehensive maps showing you where the website you're visiting is hosted and who owns it
* Comprehensive information about why the site was blocked and expert comments from our community of users
* A free guide on how to spot frauds, scams and other threats on the Internet
* Notification of software upgrades
* Technical support 7 days a week
* 1 year of free updates (normally a $12.95 annual subscription)
* Our 100% no-hassle unconditional money-back guarantee
*This special price is valid only until the end of January, after which time the price will increase to $29.95.
So, click here to download SiteHound today.
Just install and forget, and Sitehound will go on protecting you, day after day. You'll be glad you did.
Please note that SiteHound works with Internet Explorer only. A Firefox version is coming soon!
Thank you to all of you who send us your comments and suggestions. We enjoy hearing from you - please keep in touch.
And feel free to forward this newsletter on to your friends and family. If you have any questions about SiteHound, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nick Bolton and the team at Firetrustwww.firetrust.com
P.S. I almost forgot: If you register your copy of SiteHound, you'll also receive our famous free technical support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. And a percentage of your registration fee goes to community groups who share our vision to a safer Internet.
now to learn more!