ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Requests / Suggestions thread

<< < (11/22) > >>

sgtevmckay:
Ok.. So I have found a number of solutions that simulate the Superbar in both 32 and 64 bit....
I even found a solution that is specific for Vista  :o

Still looking for an Open Source solution.
 :o I would hate to have to see something like this coded from scratch  :P

So I would venture to say that the request is plausible, but still exploring viability

Archon of Fate:
After doing a quick search i found 2 articals about opensource superbars

there is an superbar for unbuntu that's open source
http://ospalace.blogspot.com/2010/01/7-superbar-for-ubuntu-and-few-other.html

and another that looks like asuperbar for vista
http://www.megaleecher.net/Windows_7_Taskbar

Did this help at all, because seeing these features in circle dock would blow my mind  :tellme:

Markham:
Seems nobody bothers to read the help pages... where there's an entire topic devoted to this. ::)

Further to that, I am not going to include a feature that is specific to an operating system such as Vista or Windows 7. As most of the downloads are onto XP PCs any new feature must work on that platform.

So no "superbars" and no "AeroPeek". Sorry :)

Mark

sgtevmckay:
Agreed....

This is why I was considering tracking down a replication software, not something that is OS dependent.

Either way: a solution for "Minimize to dock" should be considered carefully, as it is a common feature to most docks.

Thoughts???

Markham:
The very fact that Circle Dock is a free-floating dock that can appear anywhere on the screen is one reason why it can not act as a Taskbar - ie: you can't minimise application windows to it. Not my rules, Microsoft's.

I cover this in the Help but I'll do so again here. Rocket Dock and Object Dock can both host minimised applications but Circle Dock can't. Why? Both RD and OD are fixed to a screen edge - it doesn't matter which edge provided it doesn't interfere with an existing "minimise target dock" which includes the Taskbar. Circle Dock is not fixed to a screen edge so does not qualify as a Taskbar replacement. The fact that the dock is rotatable is another reason Windows won't accept it.

Also, consider what would happen if the dock also contained Dock Folders and you navigated to a lower level. You'd lose the Dock Items representing the minimised apps so a decision would have to be made as to what to do with them - restore their windows or close the minimised apps? You can't magically tell the Taskbar to accept that item.

Sorry folks, it can't be done.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version