ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Requests / Suggestions thread

<< < (10/22) > >>

Rigel:
Hi,
   Request: eclipse shape tilt option so you can have cat's eye shape or galaxy shape.
Bug o request: if I check option to add windows menu some options as "Explore item's folder" disappear.
Bug: if I explore item's folder of this link C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\ff7music.exe CD opens Document folder I think is the comma in "Square Soft, Inc".
Mega-request, Alpha-background: Users can chose any image and an other image with transparent or black area as alpha channel so all the area matching trasparent or black area are deleted from main image.

Thanks

Markham:
Request: eclipse shape tilt option so you can have cat's eye shape or galaxy shape.-Rigel (February 20, 2010, 05:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
Adding a Z axis would increase the time taken to paint the dock quite considerably and the maths involved is very complex. There's also a likelihood that orbit rings would collide or overlap. I'll bear this request in mind but it's unlikely to be a forthcoming feature.

Bug o request: if I check option to add windows menu some options as "Explore item's folder" disappear.
--- End quote ---
That's by design.

Bug: if I explore item's folder of this link C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\ff7music.exe CD opens Document folder I think is the comma in "Square Soft, Inc".
--- End quote ---
Ensure the link is enclosed in double-quotes - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\ff7music.exe".

Mega-request, Alpha-background: Users can chose any image and an other image with transparent or black area as alpha channel so all the area matching trasparent or black area are deleted from main image.
--- End quote ---
As you can do this in any half-decent image processing program - such as "The Gimp" or "Photoshop" - does Circle Dock really need to do this for you?

Or am I missing something?

Mark

Thanks
[/quote]

Rigel:
--- End quote ---
Ensure the link is enclosed in double-quotes - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\ff7music.exe".

--- End quote ---
If I use double-quotes CD crash with this error: "non valid character in link" and I made some test:
C:\aaaa\bbbbb\1111 , 1\ -> ok
C:\aaaa\bbbbb\1111 , 1\bbb.bat -> fail
C:\aaaa\bbbbb\1111 , 1\cccccc\ -> fail
So,I think, CD, to explore link, cut the last part and if in the first part there is a comma "explore item's folder" brings to document folder.

--- End quote ---
As you can do this in any half-decent image processing program - such as "The Gimp" or "Photoshop" - does Circle Dock really need to do this for you?

--- End quote ---
Simple for me and for you but not for normal user. I made something to use CD in other way, in first moment I start a complex program but now my time is very reduced so I use the original idea and for this reason I made some request like this.
When -show option will come in next release I test and post the beta and then will be more clear.
Thanks.
Rigel

p.s. I reply here for the comma bug but it's no my intent to dirty this thread so, Mark, when you reply I will delete the part on bug.

OLEGxUSSR:
Suggestion:

sgtevmckay:
Greetings OLEGxUSSR
Welcome to Donationcoder.com and Circle Dock's little corner  :D

I see the example, and I also see some pros and cons  :huh:

The start of this would be the concept of "Minimize to Dock"
I agree that this is an excellent concept, and I have been holding my tongue, and have not suggested it to this point, as I also would like to have an options setting that would allow us to specify a folder that items can be minimized to, or as default, programs would be minimized to the default Circle Layer, but the ability to assign Minimized programs to a specifically created Folder would be a great option.

Getting related programs to stack is almost unique to Windows 7, and is also an Aero effect as I understand it.
I do not know if something like this can be accomplished.
Ultimately we would be looking at having Circle Dock emulate Windows 7 Superbar features in this respect.
Literally as a program opens, it would be shown in Circle Dock, primary layer, or optional folder, and then as several (say excels are opened) having a stacked representation of the numerous incidents of the program.
There are also issues of auto labeling, that windows handles for each running program, and a bunch of things that I can not even begin to understand the difficulty of.
This would have to tie into your third proposal.
having a visual representation of the stacked folders, such as the Windows 7 super-bar presents to us.

Getting a graphical pop out of current running windows processes from the stacked running programs .
OMG  :o !!!  I could probably list about a dozen issues I can see happening with this, most of which are re-draw problems, and graphical handling.
This is almost uniquely a Windows 7 option, and I am even unsure if there is any third party options that can replicate this (If there is, someone tell me).

Now this is not to say that it is not a do-able thing....The folks at MS figured it out, and some how I think there may be a third party tool, or two, that can simulate these features (if anyone knows of an open source third party application, or even closed source, please advise), but the level of programming these features is all but incomprehensible.

Ultimately  what is being asked for is a Circle Dock Superbar
I could only imagine the programming time and issues encompassed in such a request
I love the idea  :-* , but the viability  :tellme: ????

It would definitely place Circle Dock hand-over-fist above the other rest, and be unique to Circle Dock, as an option and alternative solution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version