ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Requests / Suggestions thread

<< < (9/22) > >>

Markham:
Hi,
  Please, Mark,  can you solve the -show problem? https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=21642.msg195125#msg195125-Rigel (February 13, 2010, 05:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
That has now been fixed.

and can you add the "-show x y" option to show CD in a x/y position or if showen to move to x,y position?
--- End quote ---
I'll consider that for a future version but I have to say it is unlikely as it has very little practical value.

Instead of -show option it's possible to handle winmaximize,winminimize to show/hide CD?
--- End quote ---
No. Circle Dock is not a normal Windows application and doesn't respond to Windows "Show" commands in the way that other applications do. Since Circle Dock doesn't have a Taskbar button, how would you issue such commands anyway?

Next one, can tou add to item menu an option to export/import anitem?
--- End quote ---
Centre-Button or Background context menus have Add Item and each Dock Item's context menu has options to Create Links. As well as drag-and-drop to the dock, those are Circle Dock's equivalents to import and export.

Mark

Rigel:
Hi,
I try the 1.53 for -show options, now is fixed but is in next version?
-move xy option is for my little trick, but maybe now, I have already a solution.
With some program I can send event to win program and when I send winmaximize to circledock the popup menu shows in current pointer position instead CD.
If you want move some element to other CD or to other computer you can add link, argument,option,icon and if you move CD folder you can repeat this action for all icon. With import/export I can move all together with few click. There is a only little problem between pc because the icon link can be different so in export/import  should be an option to save and export also the icon e to import/save the icon in CD icon folder and set the link in item option to the new location. I have many standalone program and when I give CD to some my friend with my program I must recreate all the items. An other little problem is to chose in item setting  if the link is relative or absolute instead now that is only absolute.
This time I request too much, sorry  :P :P :P

sgtevmckay:
Markham and I have just spent several hours going over the Command Line option of "Toggle Location x, y"
Apparently this will not be a do-able thing as it will Lock Circle Dock's position and render many options unavailable. There appears to be no way to separate..the moment You specify and x'y position, Circle Dock locks in to that position, ans then renders the Appear to Mouse Pointer worthless
Our judgment is not to implement such an option, regardless of the appeal.

The icons is something that I have been working with Markham about.
Observe here:
http://redmine.dcmembers.com/issues/78

Apparently an auto packaging or moving of Icons would render the Drag & Drop Option useless.
Therefore any Icons you wish to have as a portable solution, must be added to a Circle Dock directory (Default or Created).
Any Folders in the Circle Dock core directory will be packaged in the zip.
ie. If you created a folder(s), this will be included in the package as well.
So including Icons is to the advantage of the user that is looking for a portable solution, plus there is the added extra, that if your Icons are part of the Core directory, Circle dock can then find and render the icons faster and easier, saving system resources.

being that it is a choice of either a move icon to Circle dock default folder, or having Icon Replacement Mode
I will keep the Icon Replacement mode, as this has become invaluable and a signature of Circle Dock

I do not know if Relative pathing is NOT available.....I have made several, and they seem to work fine
ie.  .///program Files (x86)/Firefox.exe seems work fine, regardless of Circle Dock running from my Thumb Drive, G:/, or my Program Files (alternative)
Albeit: Put a period (.) in front of the string (ie   .//) See if this helps to correct that issue

Rigel:
Ok,
   no problem. Before my personal troubles I was working on my little program but now I'm stuck. However the core of my "external feature" works :P, the only thing I need is -show option to save time e some other important thing. My other request are to simplify some other part but they aren't important. Now I'm waiting for Mark reply about -show arg becouse in 1.53 don't works but Mark write "That has now been fixed" but I don't know where, I hope it isn't my problem.

Markham:
The "-show" parameter has been fixed for the next release.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version