topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:48 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Requests / Suggestions thread  (Read 67265 times)

Archon of Fate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Requests / Suggestions thread
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 06:07 AM »
I thought that there was no drag ang drop feature because it didnt work on my dock at all, so as for that sugestion foget I said anything....

this hasn't been the 1st time I made that mistake and you of all people know that...

so if there was any fustration wh me because of that im sorry...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 06:34 AM by Archon of Fate »

worick

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 11:00 AM »
I hope this isn't a feature I have overlooked or can't find.

I would like to be able to turn off the drag to delete option. I don't care if the option prevents moving icons as well or not.

After I get CD setup I don't often reorganize the icons or delete them. I use CD very much as a time saver not as eye candy. I run multiple monitors and often have 20+ apps or windows open at the same time. CD opening where ever my mouse happens to be saves me a lot of time. The problem is I start moving the mouse too soon after clicking and it registers as a click and drag. Then I have to recreate the Icon and sort the placement out.

So maybe even just increasing the dwell time of the click for deletes would help me. I really do just click not hold the button down. It may be a response issue with my mouse, it is wireless. I use a Logitech MX Revolution though so its not a cheap one.

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 11:20 AM »
Activate the Kiosk Mode  :Thmbsup:

Just add a password, and this way Circle Dock and active goodies get locked down  8)

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 11:31 AM »
What you want is a "locked-down", read-only Circle Dock, right?

It's called "Kiosk Mode" and can be set in the main settings dialog on the General --> Kiosk Mode page.

Mark

Dang! He beat me to it!

worick

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 03:12 PM »
I had seen that, but not tried it. It would be nice to have access to the other settings, but this is close enough. Not worth the dev time for such a small difference in functionality. Thanks again for all your work.

gr00m

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 09:27 PM »
I would really like to see a 2nd circle dock, or maybe some kind of option for this.  But I run emerge desktop, which has it's own kind of task bar, but I usually use object dock.  However, most mice now have scroll wheel right/left/center click.  If I could say scroll wheel right click to do shortcuts, and scroll wheel left click to open a circle dock that has all my open windows, that would be fucking awesome!

XXL007

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 09:37 AM »
Can you make it so I can select how many icons I want to show on each ring separately?
I don't want to select, for example, 5 icons on every ring, nor the maximum number on every ring, I want to be able to select an individual value for every ring.

Can you make that? It would be super...

Thank you.

Archon of Fate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2010, 09:55 AM »
 :o
That would be amazing  :Thmbsup:

Archon of Fate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2010, 09:57 AM »
Maybe an option to show a ring that is able to toggle other individual instances of cd?

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Can you make it so I can select how many icons I want to show on each ring separately?
I don't want to select, for example, 5 icons on every ring, nor the maximum number on every ring, I want to be able to select an individual value for every ring.

Can you make that? It would be super...

Thank you.
I have already answered this elsewhere.

Mark

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2010, 10:33 AM »
Maybe an option to show a ring that is able to toggle other individual instances of cd?
-Archon of Fate (February 12, 2010, 09:57 AM)
A ring, or orbit, is not an object therefore it can't do anything.

Mark

Archon of Fate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 11:23 AM »
i didn't phrase it right. i meant a ring that has icons of all instances of cd in it allowing you to toggle its visibility

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 11:29 AM »
Read the Help pages and apply some lateral thinking ... ;)

Mark

Archon of Fate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 07:51 PM »
I don't mean hiding the dock with a mouse click or hot key. I mean if you double click on an icon (in this case being cd), if it is not showing it will show it and if it is hide it, and it it isn't even started yet run it.
I checked the help file specifically the visibility options and there is no way to do this and I'm curious if there is a way  :tellme:

Maybe the toggle button might work i'll have to try this...

also as for my previous posts that could be answered through the help system, I can assure you that I read the help files now to avoid saying something dumb in the future...
my apologies to sgtevmckay and markham for any inconveniences. :-[
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 08:12 PM by Archon of Fate »

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 05:55 AM »
Hi,
  Please, Mark,  can you solve the -show problem? https://www.donation....msg195125#msg195125
and can you add the "-show x y" option to show CD in a x/y position or if showen to move to x,y position?
Instead of -show option it's possible to handle winmaximize,winminimize to show/hide CD?
Next one, can tou add to item menu an option to export/import anitem?
Thanks
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 10:47 AM »
Hi,
  Please, Mark,  can you solve the -show problem? https://www.donation....msg195125#msg195125
That has now been fixed.

and can you add the "-show x y" option to show CD in a x/y position or if showen to move to x,y position?
I'll consider that for a future version but I have to say it is unlikely as it has very little practical value.

Instead of -show option it's possible to handle winmaximize,winminimize to show/hide CD?
No. Circle Dock is not a normal Windows application and doesn't respond to Windows "Show" commands in the way that other applications do. Since Circle Dock doesn't have a Taskbar button, how would you issue such commands anyway?

Next one, can tou add to item menu an option to export/import anitem?
Centre-Button or Background context menus have Add Item and each Dock Item's context menu has options to Create Links. As well as drag-and-drop to the dock, those are Circle Dock's equivalents to import and export.

Mark

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2010, 12:49 PM »
Hi,
I try the 1.53 for -show options, now is fixed but is in next version?
-move xy option is for my little trick, but maybe now, I have already a solution.
With some program I can send event to win program and when I send winmaximize to circledock the popup menu shows in current pointer position instead CD.
If you want move some element to other CD or to other computer you can add link, argument,option,icon and if you move CD folder you can repeat this action for all icon. With import/export I can move all together with few click. There is a only little problem between pc because the icon link can be different so in export/import  should be an option to save and export also the icon e to import/save the icon in CD icon folder and set the link in item option to the new location. I have many standalone program and when I give CD to some my friend with my program I must recreate all the items. An other little problem is to chose in item setting  if the link is relative or absolute instead now that is only absolute.
This time I request too much, sorry  :P :P :P
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2010, 02:13 PM »
Markham and I have just spent several hours going over the Command Line option of "Toggle Location x, y"
Apparently this will not be a do-able thing as it will Lock Circle Dock's position and render many options unavailable. There appears to be no way to separate..the moment You specify and x'y position, Circle Dock locks in to that position, ans then renders the Appear to Mouse Pointer worthless
Our judgment is not to implement such an option, regardless of the appeal.

The icons is something that I have been working with Markham about.
Observe here:
http://redmine.dcmembers.com/issues/78

Apparently an auto packaging or moving of Icons would render the Drag & Drop Option useless.
Therefore any Icons you wish to have as a portable solution, must be added to a Circle Dock directory (Default or Created).
Any Folders in the Circle Dock core directory will be packaged in the zip.
ie. If you created a folder(s), this will be included in the package as well.
So including Icons is to the advantage of the user that is looking for a portable solution, plus there is the added extra, that if your Icons are part of the Core directory, Circle dock can then find and render the icons faster and easier, saving system resources.

being that it is a choice of either a move icon to Circle dock default folder, or having Icon Replacement Mode
I will keep the Icon Replacement mode, as this has become invaluable and a signature of Circle Dock

I do not know if Relative pathing is NOT available.....I have made several, and they seem to work fine
ie.  .///program Files (x86)/Firefox.exe seems work fine, regardless of Circle Dock running from my Thumb Drive, G:/, or my Program Files (alternative)
Albeit: Put a period (.) in front of the string (ie   .//) See if this helps to correct that issue

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2010, 04:48 PM »
Ok,
   no problem. Before my personal troubles I was working on my little program but now I'm stuck. However the core of my "external feature" works :P, the only thing I need is -show option to save time e some other important thing. My other request are to simplify some other part but they aren't important. Now I'm waiting for Mark reply about -show arg becouse in 1.53 don't works but Mark write "That has now been fixed" but I don't know where, I hope it isn't my problem.

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2010, 12:58 AM »
The "-show" parameter has been fixed for the next release.

Mark

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2010, 05:03 AM »
Hi,
   Request: eclipse shape tilt option so you can have cat's eye shape or galaxy shape.
Bug o request: if I check option to add windows menu some options as "Explore item's folder" disappear.
Bug: if I explore item's folder of this link C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\ff7music.exe CD opens Document folder I think is the comma in "Square Soft, Inc".
Mega-request, Alpha-background: Users can chose any image and an other image with transparent or black area as alpha channel so all the area matching trasparent or black area are deleted from main image.

Thanks

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2010, 03:17 AM »
Request: eclipse shape tilt option so you can have cat's eye shape or galaxy shape.
Adding a Z axis would increase the time taken to paint the dock quite considerably and the maths involved is very complex. There's also a likelihood that orbit rings would collide or overlap. I'll bear this request in mind but it's unlikely to be a forthcoming feature.

Bug o request: if I check option to add windows menu some options as "Explore item's folder" disappear.
That's by design.

Bug: if I explore item's folder of this link C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\ff7music.exe CD opens Document folder I think is the comma in "Square Soft, Inc".
Ensure the link is enclosed in double-quotes - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\ff7music.exe".

Mega-request, Alpha-background: Users can chose any image and an other image with transparent or black area as alpha channel so all the area matching trasparent or black area are deleted from main image.
As you can do this in any half-decent image processing program - such as "The Gimp" or "Photoshop" - does Circle Dock really need to do this for you?

Or am I missing something?

Mark

Thanks
[/quote]

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2010, 05:50 AM »
Ensure the link is enclosed in double-quotes - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\ff7music.exe".
If I use double-quotes CD crash with this error: "non valid character in link" and I made some test:
C:\aaaa\bbbbb\1111 , 1\ -> ok
C:\aaaa\bbbbb\1111 , 1\bbb.bat -> fail
C:\aaaa\bbbbb\1111 , 1\cccccc\ -> fail
So,I think, CD, to explore link, cut the last part and if in the first part there is a comma "explore item's folder" brings to document folder.
As you can do this in any half-decent image processing program - such as "The Gimp" or "Photoshop" - does Circle Dock really need to do this for you?
Simple for me and for you but not for normal user. I made something to use CD in other way, in first moment I start a complex program but now my time is very reduced so I use the original idea and for this reason I made some request like this.
When -show option will come in next release I test and post the beta and then will be more clear.
Thanks.
Rigel

p.s. I reply here for the comma bug but it's no my intent to dirty this thread so, Mark, when you reply I will delete the part on bug.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 05:56 AM by Rigel »

OLEGxUSSR

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2010, 09:48 AM »
Suggestion:

Suggestion2.jpg
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 09:50 AM by OLEGxUSSR »

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2010, 01:40 PM »
Greetings OLEGxUSSR
Welcome to Donationcoder.com and Circle Dock's little corner  :D

I see the example, and I also see some pros and cons  :huh:

The start of this would be the concept of "Minimize to Dock"
I agree that this is an excellent concept, and I have been holding my tongue, and have not suggested it to this point, as I also would like to have an options setting that would allow us to specify a folder that items can be minimized to, or as default, programs would be minimized to the default Circle Layer, but the ability to assign Minimized programs to a specifically created Folder would be a great option.

Getting related programs to stack is almost unique to Windows 7, and is also an Aero effect as I understand it.
I do not know if something like this can be accomplished.
Ultimately we would be looking at having Circle Dock emulate Windows 7 Superbar features in this respect.
Literally as a program opens, it would be shown in Circle Dock, primary layer, or optional folder, and then as several (say excels are opened) having a stacked representation of the numerous incidents of the program.
There are also issues of auto labeling, that windows handles for each running program, and a bunch of things that I can not even begin to understand the difficulty of.
This would have to tie into your third proposal.
having a visual representation of the stacked folders, such as the Windows 7 super-bar presents to us.

Getting a graphical pop out of current running windows processes from the stacked running programs .
OMG  :o !!!  I could probably list about a dozen issues I can see happening with this, most of which are re-draw problems, and graphical handling.
This is almost uniquely a Windows 7 option, and I am even unsure if there is any third party options that can replicate this (If there is, someone tell me).

Now this is not to say that it is not a do-able thing....The folks at MS figured it out, and some how I think there may be a third party tool, or two, that can simulate these features (if anyone knows of an open source third party application, or even closed source, please advise), but the level of programming these features is all but incomprehensible.

Ultimately  what is being asked for is a Circle Dock Superbar
I could only imagine the programming time and issues encompassed in such a request
I love the idea  :-* , but the viability  :tellme: ????

It would definitely place Circle Dock hand-over-fist above the other rest, and be unique to Circle Dock, as an option and alternative solution.