topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 12:41 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Notification Icons  (Read 3710 times)

Msgt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Notification Icons
« on: January 17, 2010, 03:39 PM »
Hello, all.  Have a question I haven't been able to find an answer to.  When you click on the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" , go to the bottom where you can hide inactive icons and click on customize, another box comes up "Customize Notifications" with two sections.  One is "current items" and the second is "past items".  What I would like to know is how to delete some of the items in the "past items" section.  Some are icons for programs I no longer have or no longer use or have no idea where they came from.  Is there anyway to delete these items without using the register?  Thanks for your time.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Notification Icons
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 05:29 PM »
You could try CCleaner and see if deleting Tray Notification Cache will clean it out.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 08:07 PM »
there are some very good tools to manage the tray icons. take a look in the following threads..

Tray Management Utility
Tray Management Utilities Mini-Review

Msgt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 03:20 PM »
Thanks for the information.  I did some more searches using some different key words and found some suggestions.  It seems the only way to do it, is to edit the register.  Lots of suggestions on how to do it, but really not that important, so guess I'll just leave well enough lone. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. 

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 10:50 PM »
ccleaner does that. Anyway, hear's an alternative...  TaskbarRepairToolPlus! (Search the forums)

2010-01-19_124707.jpg