ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Tweaking IE to prevent further attacks (for now)

<< < (4/4)

f0dder:
I've used Java for ~1½ year now, because it's the language my school teaches - not a bad choice, IMHO. I've come to appreciate a lot of things about it (and the Eclipse IDE), but there's also things that annoy me... especially when it comes to GUIs. Haven't found a decent visual GUI building tool, and the Java GUIs indeed to feel somewhat sloppy. Don't think I'm going to deal with Java code for any personal projects, but OTOH I wouldn't mind having to use it at my job. Performance does seem relatively resonable, though - you don't get the speed of native C++ code, but a friend of mine wrote a realtime textured, filtered, colored-lighted 3D engine; pretty much Quake2 visual quality, in the days of Pentium2's.

As for JavaScript, well... haven't dealt much with it, but again: you can do really funky stuff, because pretty much everything is an object - even your functions. If I needed to add scripting support to something (aka outside-a-browser usage :)) I'd seriously consider JavaScript; more lightweight than Python, more "normal" than LUA (even though it's powerful because of those "funky features", but you don't HAVE to use those).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version