Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 16, 2014, 11:09:17 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: Keep Quiet  (Read 2861 times)
mohamedm
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 13, 2010, 05:25:12 AM »

Hi!

I have that idea of a program, I don't know if it exists because I don't know the proper terms to search for.  it is very simple but it would be very useful to have.  the idea is of a program which listens to a MIC (any microphone), if the sound gets beyond a certain level (above environmental noise), it runs an audio file (it could be a WAVE, no need for an MP3 decoder), and wait for the next elevation in sound level.  that's it.

Thank you.
mohamedm
Participant

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 06:22:41 AM »

Lots of views but no responses.  Sad  does it exist already (what is its name?)? or is it hard to make or what?
awopbamboo
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 07:44:29 AM »

Hi,

I can't seem to find anything that does what you specifically want to do.  Is it hard to write?  I don't think so.  I'm happy to give it a spin.  I won't be able to start until tomorrow night though (don't have a mic on my pc at work, so will have to wait until tomorrrow evening when I'm at home).

Out of interest, what do you plan to use it for?

Cheers

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 12:03:32 PM »

I'm happy to give it a spin.
Thank you!

I won't be able to start until tomorrow night though (don't have a mic on my pc at work, so will have to wait until tomorrrow evening when I'm at home).
Sorry for the trouble.

Out of interest, what do you plan to use it for?
I'm going to suggest using it in a library I go to.  guys sitting there tend to raise their voices (and goes away any concentration...) until somebody reminds them to lower it.  this should automate the reminder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.025s | Server load: 0.19 ]