ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Keep Quiet

(1/1)

mohamedm:
Hi!

I have that idea of a program, I don't know if it exists because I don't know the proper terms to search for.  it is very simple but it would be very useful to have.  the idea is of a program which listens to a MIC (any microphone), if the sound gets beyond a certain level (above environmental noise), it runs an audio file (it could be a WAVE, no need for an MP3 decoder), and wait for the next elevation in sound level.  that's it.

Thank you.

mohamedm:
Lots of views but no responses.  :(  does it exist already (what is its name?)? or is it hard to make or what?

awopbamboo:
Hi,

I can't seem to find anything that does what you specifically want to do.  Is it hard to write?  I don't think so.  I'm happy to give it a spin.  I won't be able to start until tomorrow night though (don't have a mic on my pc at work, so will have to wait until tomorrrow evening when I'm at home).

Out of interest, what do you plan to use it for?

Cheers

mohamedm:
I'm happy to give it a spin.
--- End quote ---
Thank you!

I won't be able to start until tomorrow night though (don't have a mic on my pc at work, so will have to wait until tomorrrow evening when I'm at home).
--- End quote ---
Sorry for the trouble.

Out of interest, what do you plan to use it for?
--- End quote ---
I'm going to suggest using it in a library I go to.  guys sitting there tend to raise their voices (and goes away any concentration...) until somebody reminds them to lower it.  this should automate the reminder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version