ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

is the chatroom borked?

<< < (4/5) > >>

JavaJones:
Or the web chat room could be, you know, fixed... :D

I use HydraIRC when I can't use the web client, but it has an awkward preferences dialog and I don't think it has proxy support. Still it's entirely free, unlike nagware mIRC...

- Oshyan

lanux128:
thanks for that, seems it mostly talks about mIRC and Miranda

another wrinkle, the client MUST be able to deal with a proxy (seems quite a number don't cater for this...)-Target (January 15, 2010, 12:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

most of the modern IRC clients should be able to deal with proxies easily. here is a link to mIRC's proxy guide. fwiw, i mainly use mIRC on my desktop PC and Miranda IM on my netbook.

Target:
I use HydraIRC when I can't use the web client, but it has an awkward preferences dialog and I don't think it has proxy support. Still it's entirely free, unlike nagware mIRC...
-JavaJones (January 15, 2010, 07:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the recommendation, and you're correct, no proxy support...

most of the modern IRC clients should be able to deal with proxies easily. here is a link to mIRC's proxy guide. fwiw, i mainly use mIRC on my desktop PC and Miranda IM on my netbook.
-lanux128 (January 15, 2010, 08:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll have a further look at this, but I guess I was looking for a freeware app since I'm unlikely to use it much...

lanux128:
I'll have a further look at this, but I guess I was looking for a freeware app since I'm unlikely to use it much...
-Target (January 17, 2010, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

the XChat program mentioned by Ehtyar above, does proxy setup and it's freeware. i've never tried it before but seems to be quite popular.

Proxy settings
is the chatroom borked?
• http://xchat.org/

sgtevmckay:
Is Donationcoder on Freenode?

Or what is the long address here???

Skip it...I found Ya'll  :Thmbsup:

irc.efnet.org

#donationcoder

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page