ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Is it possible to capture a RDP (remote desktop) session?

<< < (2/2)

Stoic Joker:
but all hot keys presses (prtscn, cntrl-alt prtscn, etc.) I tried were not "seen" by PC1 so SC is not triggered to take a screen shot.
--- End quote ---

you know this raises a really interesting question.  is there any way in RDP or the virtual machines, to define some hotkeys that should break out of default behavior?  ie not be sent to the remote machine, or vice versa?
-mouser (January 13, 2010, 11:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hm... the RDP default is to only Apply (send to) Windows key combinations to remote machine if using full screen...So if you're not working full screen, everything is local. I've got a session going to my server now (Windowed not full) and even if it has focus, hitting the Win key opens the Start Panel on LM.

I've never used SC, so I'm not sure how it works. But if it's taking the SS itself (as apposed to nipping it off the clip board) I doubt it will be able to get window size/position from the remote machine as the displayed desktop is really just a bitmap picture that's being updated. ...There is however an option to cache the bitmapped desktop (performance reasons I forget) to LM. So if that cache could be found, perhaps it could be used.

JavaJones:
I think the ability to capture depends more on the RDP software than the capturing app, at least partly speaking. For example I can easily capture a session of UltraVNC using XnView with default settings. Windows RDP may be different.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version