ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

2.78. Error On W7

(1/2) > >>

egarlepp:
I get an error when trying to launch the application aftre install on W7.  I have tried running in compatibility mode for the running and install to no avail.  The error i get is

Please help...

mouser:
you shouldn't have to use any compatibility mode, it's run fine on all Win7 installs I've heard of.

Some thoughts:
1. might it be some security software you have on your pc blocking it?
2. did you run full installer to install it?  if so then it can't be that the executable got corrupted.
3. you could try renaming the installer .exe to .zip and unpacking it manually somewhere and running it from there.

egarlepp:
i am running symantec. i disabled it and still same thing.
I also downloaded it again, and added .zip to end and unzipped it and then tried to run it same thing.

Oddly it works on another W7 system i have, but not this one.  It is W7 running in bootcamp on a macbook pro...

Any other ideas???

f0dder:
Exception code 0xc0000005 means "access violation": that code tried to write to memory that it doesn't have access to. This can happen for a whole lot of reasons, and it can be terribly hard to track down the problem.

That you get the error in a "The application failed to start correctly" MessageBox indicates that the exception happens before the application starts. This could happen for a number of reasons... one would be failing initialization code in one of the DLLs used by the executable, another could be malware or anti-malware (or stuff that uses system hooks or...) programs playing around. Iirc it's also the generic error message you get when trying to run dotNET programs without the framework installed (really should've been a more informative message!), but SSC isn't dotNET.

Because there's so many possible causes, it'll be hard getting anything useful from google searches. FWIW, I used to run 2.56.01 and just upgraded to 2.78.01, and both work on my 64bit Win7 installation.

Are you running any other anti-whatever software besides Symantec? Or an application like AdMuncher? Any "windows enhancers" (virtual desktops, or programs that adds stuff like sticky-windows, minimize-to-tray, window-rollup, ... to all windows)? Anything that sets keyboard/mouse hooks or otherwise injects DLLs into other processes could be potential problems.

You could try monitoring program startup with SysInternals' Process Monitor, but it's pretty GeekBoyPowerHeadTM and extremely verbose - akin to looking for a needle in a haystack.

mouser:
This is what jumps out at me:
"It is W7 running in bootcamp on a macbook pro"
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version