ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > CircleDock Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials

Quick Launch ~~XP to Windows 7 with CD and Stacks (Tips & Tricks) Update 01/11

<< < (2/2)

Markham:
Sarge,

I'm a tad surprised by your additional notes: I've done some fairly extensive testing and I'm unable to reproduce the effect you mention. However, what IS true with the version of StandaloneStack included with Circle Dock, is that you must enable "Hide Dock After Opening Files and Folders" otherwise you can not position the mouse onto the stack's Fan or Grid.

The next semi-major release fully integrates version 2 of the Stacks modules and the above caveat will no longer apply. Indeed the "Hide Dock after Opening ..." will be a default setting which can be overidden on a Dock Item basis -- necessary for Stacks and, in future, Docklets.

Mark

sgtevmckay:
Actually after much consideration...The option did just as it was supposed to.

None of my other stacks were deleted, just the quick Launch...but this is a windows virtual folder any ways and in windows 7 may not be seen as a link.

The option also deleted all of my Winamp controls, but these are Program linked arguments and not true links.....

I have no complaint as the option, when turned on did exactly what it was supposed to do  :Thmbsup:

Any thing that is not seen as a true folder, or program link is deleted.

It coul dbe that since CD loaded first that the rest was un-see-able at the time, and CD summarily killed those links.
It could also be that Winamp was not immediately on at time of boot, so CD, being a smart program now, could not make the relation and killed those shortcuts as well.

On the other hand...It did not kill any of my NirCmd links...so I am unsure....All I know Is that I have confiirmed this three time so far, and turning off this function corrected the issue.

Maybe an item setting that allows the delete function to be exempt if checked???

Markham:
The only circumstance that Circle Dock will optionally and automatically remove a Dock Item is if the target file or folder can not be located when a given level is rendered. In the case of StackFolders, it doesn't matter (to Circle Dock) if the folder to be opened can not be accessed, only that it can locate "StandaloneStack.exe".

However, I can now reproduce your findings. That is the good news. The bad news (and there always is bad news) is that this problem only affects 64-bit versions of Vista and Windows 7. The 32-bit versions of these two operating systems is completely unaffected. Now I guess you are automatically loading Circle Dock with Windows, right? Try disabling "Show Circle Dock on load" (General -> Other). That may help as it will prevent Circle Dock from rendering the initial level at a time when the OS is still in the process of becoming stable.

If you're going to have Stack Folders on your dock, then you really do need to set Circle Dock's Z-Order to "Normal" otherwise when the Stack Folder is displayed, part of it will become obscured by Circle Dock. Also, with StandaloneStack v2, you need to enable the option "Don't close on focus lost" (currently that option is in SS2 but will be in CD) or accessing the stack items will be difficult (a euphemism!).

Mark

sgtevmckay:
Very good...I will let you know  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version