topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 6:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Autobahn  (Read 3776 times)

Zero3K

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Autobahn
« on: January 10, 2010, 12:40 AM »
Autobahn is a lightweight application that provides accelerated downloads and more reliable streaming video for popular applications and websites.

Autobahn will improve and optimize  your internet connection to improve your online experiance. Autobahn handles download requests from your web browser and applications and automatically improves downloads and streaming video.

Autobahn is currently accelerating all of your downloads through iTunes. With Autobahn for iTunes, you get the fastest downloads of music and videos through the iTunes store.

Autobahn does not use peer-to-peer transfers and does not use any upstream bandwidth.

Homepage - http://www.getautobahn.com
Download - http://updates.swarm...celeratorInstall.exe
Size: 6.69 MB

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Autobahn
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 07:55 AM »
In my own experience using this with the MLB.TV package, it's a memory intensive and CPU-hogging pig and doesn't really work all that well.  I actually uninstalled it and lived with the non Hi-Def broadcasts last baseball season.  A quick visit the MLB support forums will bear this out.  I've no idea of its performance regarding iTunes, however.  That's another app I steer clear of.

Zero3K

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Autobahn
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 02:21 PM »
Well, It can be used to accelerate almost any FLV video found on the internet (as long as the FLV is being served via the HTTP protocol). Also, I've noticed Autobahn taking up less than 10% Processor Usage and 19-22 MBs of RAM.