Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 30, 2014, 08:49:21 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: FARR plugin: FarrWebMetaSearch 1.6.0  (Read 27935 times)
phitsc
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »

FarrWebMetaSearch should be able to handle anything that can be reasonably processed by a Regex. Now to be honest I'm not sure a Regex is the best thing to process JSON.

ewemoa
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2011, 03:19:54 PM »

Thanks for the feedback smiley

Results for the current case are an array of 2-element arrays, so look something like:

[copy or print]
[["something", "related"],["another thing","another relate"],...]
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2013, 10:53:39 AM »

Is this supposed to still work? Doesn't for me on Win 8... always shows 0 results
phitsc
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2013, 02:03:23 AM »

The problem with FarrWebMetaSearch is that it doesn't operate on a Web Site's official API, but instead tries to collect search results by grabbing content directly from a Site's web page (using regular expressions). Unfortunately, a slight change on the side of the provider of the respective Web Site can cause such a regex to not work any more, making the concept of the plugin somewhat flawed.

Which search did you try?

TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2013, 09:57:52 AM »

I tried amazon and imdb. Will try more, and see if I might be able to fix this myself  undecided
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.026s | Server load: 0.13 ]