topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday April 15, 2024, 10:54 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Software for Marketing Campaigns  (Read 3491 times)

1337Rabbit

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Software for Marketing Campaigns
« on: January 08, 2010, 10:28 AM »
Hi,

I read the site here: http://www.anandgrav...ide#software_sending

and was wondering if someone could explain to me the difference betwen a "program for sending HTML Emails" and an "Email client"

additionally, I would like to know what is the best software (other than Bat!) (freeware) besides Outlook 2007

is outlook 2007 capable of sending HTML emails?

and could someone also please tell me what is the difference between "web-based" email senders and Outlook

apparently you need a web-based client to send large amounts of emails, numbering in the thousands

why cant outlook be used for that?

and how much software do i exactly need to create a handsome newsletter or email marketing campaign?

any help would be appreciated,

thanks

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Software for Marketing Campaigns
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 03:03 AM »
apparently you need a web-based client to send large amounts of emails, numbering in the thousands

This IS possible in OE7, however I cannot remember off hand how to do it (Ill grab the link over the next few hours when I get back to my own computer)

However, the chances are, if you choose to send mass e-mail's you will likely find that 90% of them get filtered into peoples spam folders.  Some e-mail clients don't even save spam, they just auto-delete, so realistically, unless its an automated mass mailer (like the one you can use in SMF or phpBB) then people will not receive them.

and how much software do i exactly need to create a handsome newsletter or email marketing campaign?

Notepad++ & Gimp :D