ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Space Management : there is a new competitor - SpaceSniffer

<< < (7/7)

sajman99:
Hello Umberto. :)

Have you considered adding a SpaceSniffer context menu entry (optional) for convenient scanning of folders?

uuderzo:
Yes, Sajman.

But given that there must be no setup, I opted for a direct registry insert by the user (I know, not much elegant).

Anyway, nothing difficult: In the tips and tricks page of SpaceSniffer website there is a snippet to add a "Scan with SpaceSniffer" context menu to explorer items. Check if it can be of any help for you.

Greetings! Umberto

f0dder:
Umberto, you could keep the main program installer-free but add a "add explorer right-click integration" menu option or similar?

MerleOne:
Umberto, you could keep the main program installer-free but add a "add explorer right-click integration" menu option or similar?
-f0dder (January 14, 2010, 07:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you do this, also add "Remove explorer right-click integration" menu option.  I once came across a small app that wouldn't remove this menu item even after uninstall and it was never fixed (AFAIK).

uuderzo:
Yes, I think it's possible. I will break the "no registry messer" award but I'll put in the to do list anyway  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version