topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 8:03 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: req: keep the object type selected on toolbar after creating new object  (Read 3469 times)

petval

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

let me thank you for this nice software first and here's ony my suggestion that could make it even better.

If I add any object, for example an arrow and if I need to add another arrow then I must choose it again on the toolbar. Might it be possible to keep the same object selected? Now it switches to object select mode when an object is created which is off course good for adjustments of the object but some combination like if mouse is over the object then allow adjustments of that object and if the mouse is anywhere else (=not on the object) then keep the same tool selected so we can add another object of the same type. This works for example in SnagIt and I miss in SC a lot :)

It even looks like this should be working already because when I add eg shape object and move away from it I can still draw another althought object select mode becomes active - but when I drag mouse now still the rectangle borders appears following the mouse but when I release the mouse the rectangle is not created at all.

Thanks

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Check the "Objects" tab in options, there is a checkbox for this.

petval

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

thank you, that is quite hidden :)

But in this mode it is not possible to move the created object - I still think it would be nice to have some "autoswitch" - move mode on every (or at least last) created object automatically with edit on its borders and create object of the last used type elsewhere (where there are no objects yet).

Or at least some hotkey to switch between the object select and last tool used modes. It would boost the effectivity and friendliness a lot.

What do you think?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
it's a good idea to have hotkeys to switch between object modes, i'll put it on todo list.