ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Monitors - Resources - Recommendations

<< < (3/3)

Shades:
2x Samsung 17" and 1x Sony 17" LCD 4:3 monitors still in service after 11 years. Also 1x LG 21" 16:9 in service for 9 years. In my deposit, there is a graveyard of other LG's and Acer LCD monitors in various sizes, need to keep them around for parts.

I think it is safe to assume that Indiana has a better electrical grid and power distribution than Paraguay. So if monitors can last here in PY, an upper tier monitor should last as long in the US. Whether it still produces the image quality Innuendo expects, you'll have to ask him. Only mention this, because I do notice that the Sony isn't as bright as it used to be.

tomos:
2x Samsung 17" and 1x Sony 17" LCD 4:3 monitors still in service after 11 years. Also 1x LG 21" 16:9 in service for 9 years.
-Shades (December 08, 2016, 06:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

just checked: my Dell 2209WA is seven years old end of December. To my eye, looks as good as it ever did (which is very good, but with some uneven lighting at the edges if you look closely with a grey screen).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version