ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Req: Ctrl+backspace to delete from cursor position

<< < (2/3) > >>

lanux128:
I would like this too. -ewemoa (May 11, 2010, 07:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks ewemoa, much appreciated. 8)

ewemoa:
Hope it works out ok for you.

More detail than you probably care forThe code is a modification of one of the AutoHotkey_L examples for its #If directive and should apply to all TEdit controls.

I've made a version which also checks that the window is of class TMainForm, so if the first version gives any trouble, there's something else to try :)

lanux128:
Hope it works out ok for you.
-ewemoa (May 12, 2010, 08:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks again for this script as it comes in handy when i'm using a live search plugin in Farr (e.g. Google Plus or FarrWebMetaSearch).

btw, you dropped a hint when you mentioned AutoHotkey_L since it has the #If command. :) but i wonder if this works with multi-line edit control?

ewemoa:
As I understand it, the way this works has to do with the class of the control (and now also that of the window the control lives in).  If those match, it seems like it may work.  For reference:

http://www.autohotkey.net/~Lexikos/AutoHotkey_L/docs/commands/_If.htm

Here is the source of the latest (not uploaded version)

--- Code: AutoIt ---#If ActiveControlIsOfClassAndWindowIsOfClass("TEdit", "TMainForm"){  ^BS::Send ^+{Left}{Del}  ^Del::Send ^+{Right}{Del}}#If ActiveControlIsOfClassAndWindowIsOfClass(CClass, WClass) {  ControlGetFocus, FocusedControl, A  ControlGet, FocusedControlHwnd, Hwnd, , % FocusedControl, A  WinGetClass, FocusedControlClass, % "ahk_id " . FocusedControlHwnd  WinGet, Hwnd, ID, A  WinGetClass, FocusedWindowClass, % "ahk_id " . Hwnd  Return (FocusedControlClass = CClass) and (FocusedWindowClass = WClass)}
You may have noticed that this code may apply for some non-FARR apps too.

lanux128:
thanks for the source.. i'm already using your "Select All" script, this one is also within that scope. soon we can have an ewemoa's compendium for better text editing. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version