Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 22, 2014, 04:49:37 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DONE - IDEA: Program Lock / Protector  (Read 15629 times)
aruvam
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 01, 2005, 09:17:52 AM »

Hi,
I was thinking of a program that would lock the current state of another program and will not let you change the settings of the locked program till you provide the password. For eg. If I lock my Instant Messenger client, no one will be able to log me out or change any of my settings until I unlock it with the password.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 01:05:49 AM by mouser » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 09:23:52 AM »

this is an interesting idea, and could be done by spying on windows and setting components to "disabled"..
but writing a full program to do this and locking unlocking, specifying windows to apply to, etc.
def. not snack material.
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 11:46:32 AM »

Wink Ah, a challenge!

WinLock - Lock individual windows with a password.

Features:
- One password for all windows.
- Only light protection.

You'll find the downloads and more info at Skrommel Software.

Skrommel

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
aruvam
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 06:22:31 AM »

Awesome... Thanks a lot.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 06:47:36 AM »

Don't forget, if you can afford it and you want to support the amazing work skrommel does here, make a small donation to him by clicking on the $ symbol under his name or clicking the donate button on the Skrommel Software page.
jmpearce
Participant

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 04:08:40 PM »

I know this topic hasn't been touched in a while but the program idea sounds wonderful.  I tried it out and it works great.  Almost a little too good.  The only problem I had was it was able to lock my task bar preventing me from using the task bar or even unlocking the task bar. I had to log off the computer to get it back.  I don't know if there is a work around for this or not but I just wanted to share that warning from my experience.  Other than that I love it.
937o5
Participant

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 10:47:57 PM »

I have a problem when using this, it sucks up alot of resources (About 40%-70% CPU usage) when there's no windows locked, but when I lock even a single window it drops down to normal ranges and appears to idle like any other program... Any idea what's up?
937o5
Participant

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 01:40:25 PM »

Though I might seem a bit impatient, I'm just making sure I'm not being completely overlooked... Noone's going to reply?... I'm sorry if I'm burdening anyone, I just want to become an active member here. (There's not much to post about for me, yet...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.06 ]