ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Sandboxie goes 64 bit

(1/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
Sandboxie goes 64 bit

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7014

Supports Vista64 SP1 or later and 64 bit W7.

sajman99:
Whoa! This is big news! Please report if you have any issues with it.

Lashiec:
Excellent news, no need to search for a 64-bit compatible alternative anymore. I always thought the reasons given for the lack of a 64-bit version were a bit bunk, specially because it breaks things for people like me, who use Sandboxie to isolate and test software, not to provide watertight protection against malware.

f0dder:
Nice move, even if I partially agree with the author's reasons for holding out so long.

Keep in mind that this is "crippled" compared to the 32bit version of SandboxIE - it's more limited in what it can protect you against. If you need to run untrusted and potentially malware-infested code, do it in a fullblown virtual machine... this 64bit sandbox will be most useful for software-testing-without-clutter-and-breakage.

Eóin:
use Sandboxie to isolate and test software, not to provide watertight protection against malware.
-Lashiec (January 05, 2010, 01:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here so I'm delighted to see it back. It is important to remember the security weakness though. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version