ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

How To

<< < (2/3) > >>

Haani_Echad:
I am an idiot  ;D

I have this one some what ironed out

To bring up the stac menu

Simply place Pointer over Stack folder icon, and hold CTRL button down while you click the stack. (Control + Left Mouse Click)
This will bring up the initial menu so that you can do some changes to the stack options.

Now also understand that Mark is correct in as much that the ini files remain.
So after install, you can safely go back and delete any file that says "Circle Dock" with no damage to the file

That being said.
There is something else.
EACH STACK IS IDENTIFIED BY STACK NAME!!!
The default stack name is "Change me now"
If you do not rename this file, any thing you place to this stack name/file will be remembered under the title of "Change me now"
So you will want to change the Stack File Name before you create a link to the file that you are targeting, or have set up with Launch short cuts.

If you do not do this, every time you create a new stack...it will appear as though it is using the previous stack.
Again, this can be modified by ctrl+L Click on the stack folder to bring up the Stack options window.

If you seem to get stuck with the same stack build, simply right click the folder, bring up Item Settings and change the Name.
Once the stack name is changed, click the stack folder again and you will be presented with a fresh stacks properties to work with.

Any questions let me know...and I will try to be less confusing when the pain killers ware off  :huh:

-sgtevmckay (January 06, 2010, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you both for your timely response and your solutions to the matter.  You explained well for being on pain killers :) Anywho I discovered the options when I tried to run the standalone stack by itself with the "Run" command and it gave me those options (This was a fluke on my part).  Second, thanks for clearing the name issue up, I believe that is what was messing me up in the beginning.  As of now though, I decided also to use the Standalone Stack 2.0.7 for now and add the application to CD so if I need to edit the options I can just open the program.

Haani_Echad:
Also this is off topic but sgtevmckay your center image is pretty sweet.  how'd you make it?

sgtevmckay:
Thank you both for your timely response and your solutions to the matter.  You explained well for being on pain killers :) Anywho I discovered the options when I tried to run the standalone stack by itself with the "Run" command and it gave me those options (This was a fluke on my part).  Second, thanks for clearing the name issue up, I believe that is what was messing me up in the beginning.  As of now though, I decided also to use the Standalone Stack 2.0.7 for now and add the application to CD so if I need to edit the options I can just open the program.
-Haani_Echad (January 06, 2010, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great...I would also appreciate to hear how well stack 2 works...if you could do a little review for us...That would be great.

Also I will point out the following limitations that Markham ran into while going over the Stacks 2
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=20534.msg190974#msg190974

Let us know if you are so inclined....

:Thmbsup:

sgtevmckay:
I figured someone would ask sooner or later....LOL

The icon is a mod of someone else's work, and I unfortunately do not remember who.

You are welcome to use it:
Attached  8)

Haani_Echad:
Thank you both for your timely response and your solutions to the matter.  You explained well for being on pain killers :) Anywho I discovered the options when I tried to run the standalone stack by itself with the "Run" command and it gave me those options (This was a fluke on my part).  Second, thanks for clearing the name issue up, I believe that is what was messing me up in the beginning.  As of now though, I decided also to use the Standalone Stack 2.0.7 for now and add the application to CD so if I need to edit the options I can just open the program.
-Haani_Echad (January 06, 2010, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great...I would also appreciate to hear how well stack 2 works...if you could do a little review for us...That would be great.

Also I will point out the following limitations that Markham ran into while going over the Stacks 2
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=20534.msg190974#msg190974

Let us know if you are so inclined....

:Thmbsup:
-sgtevmckay (January 06, 2010, 04:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am not a programmer by no means I leave that up to you guys because you all are the experts :) but since I am using it I will run it for a while and see if any errors or things pop up and however it works out I will let you know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version