topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 1:25 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: a problem help.....  (Read 7587 times)

jc5793333

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
a problem help.....
« on: January 03, 2010, 02:14 AM »
i am a foreigner,so please excuse my english

i opened this option:when my mouse near the side the circle shows up or hide,when i play the game warcraft with full screem,in the game when my house was near the side, the circle shows......and to the desktop....and the game.......
so...help me..

jc5793333

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: a problem help.....
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 03:55 AM »
my extra vision is 0.92alpha8.2 ,i want to updata to 1.0 but i don't want to set my files again.
so can i just modify the file 'DockItemData and Config' to achieve the goal ? and how?
thanks!

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 03:00 PM »
i am a foreigner,so please excuse my english

i opened this option:when my mouse near the side the circle shows up or hide,when i play the game warcraft with full screem,in the game when my house was near the side, the circle shows......and to the desktop....and the game.......
so...help me..

Greetings. Welcome to Donationcoder.com and Circle Docks little corner of it  ;D

I will be upfront and tell you that this has also been a past issue as well, and There are only a couple of things you can do to help avoid this situation.

First, go to Dock settings and then the "visibility tab". Under "Show Dock", make sure that non pf the check boxes on the left are marked (No check marks). This will keep Circle Dock showing when your mouse floats towards the edge of the screen.

You may also try this:
In the Settings, Click the "General Tab", and then Look under "Location".
Here you will find Dock Location "Z-Level".
In the drop down box is three options.
Topmost
Normal
Always on Bottom.

I keep mine at Normal, but you may wish to have your as "Always on Bottom"
The Good and bad of this choices is:
Circle Dock will never appear over any other application (Including games)
You will need to have a view of your desk top to see Circle Dock to Launch files and programs.

This is the easy fix...Let me know if this meets your needs...If not let me know and we will move on to a couple of other settings.

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 03:12 PM »
my extra vision is 0.92alpha8.2 ,i want to updata to 1.0 but i don't want to set my files again.
so can i just modify the file 'DockItemData and Config' to achieve the goal ? and how?
thanks!

Eeek...I should know this answer, but unfortunately with all the testing I have done over the last couple of months...I am unsure.  :-[

So I suggest the following:
Make  Back up of Circle Dock....The entire file.
Just copy and paste it some where safe.

Check all AppData folders and see if there is any Circle Dock folders there, If so make a copy of these as well.
The AppData folder is located in the User File
ie:
C:\Users\[User Name Here]\AppData

Once this is done, and you know you can restore your original files.
Download and The latest release and install to your current Circle Dock Directory.

Now since I am unsure of how this will work...I would really appreciate it if you would be willing to try and tell us how the install goes.

I will venture to say that it should work.

My apologies for not having a direct yes or no answer here...If it does not work
Then all you have to do is delete the files in place and restore your back up files to the appropriate areas.

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 12:11 AM »
thanks!
Simply install the new version into the same folder as your current version of Circle Dock. When it starts up, the new version will use your existing settings.

Mark

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 01:20 AM »
Cool

I needed that Info for the wikidot

jc5793333

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 02:59 AM »
thanks!
Simply install the new version into the same folder as your current version of Circle Dock. When it starts up, the new version will use your existing settings.
Mark

the Extension of the setting in 0.92 was    .ini   both config and dockitemdata,and in 1.0 the Extension is xml so...your solvetion does not work

Eeek....i'm sorry it works....though i don't known why.....when i just copy the setting to the new version folder,it does not work, but install the new version to the same folder....it works

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 03:01 AM »
The ini files are used for the initial set up, then the XML folders take over once the initial build is complete at time of set up  ;)

Have fun  :Thmbsup:

jc5793333

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 03:20 AM »
thanks!

Eeek...I should know this answer, but unfortunately with all the testing I have done over the last couple of months...I am unsure.  :-[

So I suggest the following:
Make  Back up of Circle Dock....The entire file.
Just copy and paste it some where safe.

Check all AppData folders and see if there is any Circle Dock folders there, If so make a copy of these as well.
The AppData folder is located in the User File
ie:
C:\Users\[User Name Here]\AppData

Once this is done, and you know you can restore your original files.
Download and The latest release and install to your current Circle Dock Directory.

Now since I am unsure of how this will work...I would really appreciate it if you would be willing to try and tell us how the install goes.

I will venture to say that it should work.

My apologies for not having a direct yes or no answer here...If it does not work
Then all you have to do is delete the files in place and restore your back up files to the appropriate areas.

i prefer to exit the dock when playing games,but...it take a lot of trouble.....