ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's a good wardrobe management software?

<< < (4/5) > >>

superboyac:
I'm still on permanent GF 1.0

I have no plans to upgrade.
-40hz (June 23, 2010, 10:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm on GF 12.3 build 432.  It's been pretty much bloatware since v4.  Nice, shiny buttons...doesn't really do anything useful.  And the upgrades are not free.

Target:
I'm on GF 12.3 build 432.-superboyac (June 23, 2010, 11:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

that kind of versioning is strangely disturbing (do you build them yourself?)

also worth remembering that versions are not cross compatible, and any attempt to access history logs will result in immediate lockout and revocation of all rights (access can be recovered, but it's at the discretion of the administrator) 

CleverCat:
Please perform regular maintenance on the Wife 1.0 program as the history database is not guaranteed to import into Wife 2.0!-Innuendo
--- End quote ---
Now that we're going to be without a specific complaints section, I figured I'd better post this warning here.
Be careful with this!
I tried to replace the Wife 1.0 module with the Mistress module and the program gave me Distress instead.
-cranioscopical (June 23, 2010, 09:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

40hz:
I'm on GF 12.3 build 432.-superboyac (June 23, 2010, 11:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

that kind of versioning is strangely disturbing (do you build them yourself?)

also worth remembering that versions are not cross compatible, and any attempt to access history logs will result in immediate lockout and revocation of all rights (access can be recovered, but it's at the discretion of the administrator)  
-Target (June 23, 2010, 11:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION:

GF "Versions" are not cross-compatible except in very rare instances* where they may grant access to each other's history file, or otherwise begin sharing data.

This should not be cause for alarm on the part of the "Owner"/Administrator however, since he usually won't be allowed to live long enough to worry about it.

:P

------------------
* This is an uncommon occurrence sometimes referred to as the: !!UBASTD!! Operation Mode or UBOM (pronounced: You Bombed!) for short.

Target:
GF "Versions" are not cross-compatible except in very rare instances* where they may grant access to each other's history file, or otherwise begin sharing data.-40hz (June 24, 2010, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

this generally only occurs between versions, ie version 2 may access version 1 (users are rarely granted this level of privilege)

At best this is likely to result in choppy performance, and at worst lockout and/or revocation of privileges.

This should not be cause for alarm on the part of the "Owner"/Administrator however, since he usually won't be allowed to live long enough to worry about it.-40hz (June 24, 2010, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

hmmm, in my limited experience, the 'owner/administrator' is rarely the him side of the system....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version