topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 4:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SUPER © updated, download from Major Geeks  (Read 19158 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SUPER © updated, download from Major Geeks
« on: January 02, 2010, 05:01 AM »
SUPER © has been updated to 2010 build 37 (2'nd of January 2010), but as usual the download link is impossible to find (even though the program will take you to "some" download page, it is not the right page!!!) Get it the easy way from Major Geeks: http://majorgeeks.com/Super_d5117.html

newyear.gif

Edited:

SUPER© - by eRightSoft

ChangeLog

v2010.build.37 (Jan 2, 2010)
[ADD] the TS and M2TS containers to the Muxer Output Process function
[ADD] Support to encode, play and render FLAC(Free Lossless Audio Codec) container
[ADD] Support to encode, play and render DV (Digital Video) container
[ADD] 720:480 VideoScaleSize NTSC 29.97fps to the 'DV Digital Video' Video Codec
[ADD] 640:360 VideoScaleSize to the 'Sony - PS3 (MP4)' profile
[ADD] successTONE or errorTONE to play when process is done
[ADD] Improved Multithread support of multiple CPU cores
[FIX] Several bug fixes and coding enhancements..
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 05:05 AM by Curt »

y0himba

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Yar.
    • View Profile
    • y0himba.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: SUPER © updated, download from Major Geeks
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 09:48 AM »
Thanks for the link! There is a link there to download, but this is much easier.  They use redirects to ensure folks download from visiting their site, and don't leech from other sites.

http://www.erightsof...e.php?SUPERsetup.exe (won't work from here but does work when on their web site)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 11:06 AM »
I really don't care what explanations they have for hiding the download link. I think they are a bunch of morons, and the author of their site is a certified complete idiot. There is no other reason in the entire world, to use their program, than because it probably is the best of the kind. (Edited:) And with a download link from the trusted Major Geeks, there is no reason to ever waste time by visiting erightsoft's retarded homepage again.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 11:09 AM by Curt »

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 12:01 PM »
Site definitely has exceedingly crappy design - and it took four clicks and a lot of scrolling to get to the download link. Fortunately, I didn't need to read all the crapcrapcrapcrap, it was pretty fast to just scan for hyperlinks... but still. Somebody needs to drag their current web designer out back and shoot him, and find somebody new to set up their site :)
- carpe noctem

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 12:50 PM »
amen  

innocent-innocent-male-smiley-smiley-emoticon-000633-large.gif

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 02:20 PM »
Now that looks well-thought, if they even hide their own downloads.

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 04:17 PM »
Looks like a nice update with FLAC, TS and M2TS (common DVR and/or HD disc format), and improved multithreading. Woo! And thanks for the easier download link. Believe it or not I've been using this app for several years now and never bothered to find an easier DL link, even though I too am of course annoyed no end by their crappy website...

- Oshyan

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 04:24 PM »
http://www.erightsof...e.php?SUPERsetup.exe (won't work from here but does work when on their web site)

Works from here if you use Firefox with a plugin that feeds any links self-referring referrers. ;)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 02:26 AM »

Works from here if you use Firefox with a plugin that feeds any links self-referring referrers. ;)
@Innuendo
your answer went above my head. Could you please name such plugin/addon, to make me understand what kind of application it is?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 09:58 AM by Curt »

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 11:08 AM »
your answer went above my head. Could you please name such plugin/addon, to make me understand what kind of application it is?

I'll try the simple explanation & I'm sure if I falter someone will come along and correct me. When you follow any link whether it be a link to a file or a link to a web page one bit of info that is passed on to the server hosting that link is what is called the referrer. This is the referring page from which you are clicking on the link. It's mostly functionality used so that web server admins can see where traffic to their server is coming from.

To use that link download link above as an example, when you click on it your browser contacts the www.enright.biz server & makes the request for that file. Along with the request your browser passes along the information that this link is being clicked on a DonationCoder.com web page. Usually this is where the story ends, but this practice I just described is called hot-linking & some server admins take a dim view of such so they code their servers to only accept download link requests that have as the referrer information their own servers. Any download request lacking this information will either simply not work or you'll get a rude message telling you to quit hot-linking.

The solution I alluded to regarding this problem is that there are Firefox extensions (and Ad Muncher will do it as well) will take any download link you click upon and will, again using the link above as an example, change the referrer from "www.donationcoder.com" to "www.enright.biz" getting around the hot-linking prevention code. It also has a side-effect of not showing web server admins where you are coming from.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 11:23 AM »
Haha, I'm getting some kind of sick enjoyment out of reading this thread.  I've always been dumbfounded by that Super website.  I mean, seriously, what the heck is going on there?  It's like a where's Waldo to find that download link.  It's annoying as hell.  At the same time, the software is pretty great (and free), so what do you say?  I don't know.  Definitely funny on some level, though.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 05:49 PM »
... there are Firefox extensions (and Ad Muncher will do it as well)
has a side-effect of not showing web server admins where you are coming from.

I have never even tested Ad Muncher, because I don't understand why it is so expensive. I could understand if it was $20/$30 ONCE. But yearly?!! Do you use it? Is it really worth that much money? Why?

Are there any free addon that will do the trick in mention?  :tellme:

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 01:22 AM »
AdMuncher intercepts *all* network traffic systemwide, not just your browser - thus it can hide ads that appear in 3rd party programs and whatnot. Whether or not this is worth the pricetag is up to you, personally I'm happy with AdBlockPlus (although I've started to notice cases where it slows down stuff considerably :( ).

As for not showing where you're coming from (blocking HTTP Referer) and other filtering tricks, you could check out Privoxy - it's somewhat Geekboy PowerheadTM, though :)
- carpe noctem

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 02:05 AM »
AdMuncher intercepts *all* network traffic systemwide, not just your browser - thus it can hide ads that appear in 3rd party programs and whatnot. Whether or not this is worth the pricetag is up to you, personally I'm happy with AdBlockPlus (although I've started to notice cases where it slows down stuff considerably :( ).

As for not showing where you're coming from (blocking HTTP Referer) and other filtering tricks, you could check out Privoxy - it's somewhat Geekboy PowerheadTM, though :)
I love Ad Muncher, it's one of my favorite programs.  Adblock plus is really good also, obviously.  I have to somewhat disagree that Ad Muncher is expensive.  First off, the author gives lifetime upgrades.  Secondly, I still insist as I've done before, that you are not going to find any software under $20.  There's almost nothing that's good, even tiny little shareware programs, that is that cheap.  In fact, if I like the software and it's $20 or under, I just get it without thinking twice.  I don't know what a lot of you are expecting.  Software for $5?  The only thing I can think of is iphone apps.  But everything is over $20 these days.  Either that, or it's free.  There isn't much in the $1-$20 range.

[edit] My bad!  I didn't realize Ad Muncher had changed their policy over the years.  They are now a subscription based registration (like antivirus programs).  There's still the option to buy a lifetime license, but it's around $80.  Yeah, that's expensive.  I guess it's just up to you.  It's unfortunate that they went that way because before, with the lifetime license, it was a fantastic deal.  Still, in its defense, it is better than Adblock plus.  How much better...not sure.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 03:34 AM by superboyac »

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 05:12 PM »
I have never even tested Ad Muncher, because I don't understand why it is so expensive. I could understand if it was $20/$30 ONCE. But yearly?!! Do you use it? Is it really worth that much money? Why?

I use it...but I bought it way back when they offered a lifetime license & I used a DonationCoder discount code. Not sure I'd buy it at the current prices.

Are there any free addon that will do the trick in mention?

There has to be. That option is turned off in my Ad Muncher, but I'm still able to pull off the trick. Must be one of the 40 or so Firefox Extensions I have installed. I'll dig around in their options to see if I can find which one is providing the mojo.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 09:35 PM »
Innuendo, I'll totally buy your lifetime license off of you, if you ever choose not to use it.  Seriously.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 12:48 PM »
SUPER © 2011 Build 47

http://majorgeeks.com/Super_d5117.html
or
http://www.filehippo.com/download_super/

Edited:
My installer wanted to install a third party program named Registry Reviver. It seems you may need to click "Do NOT install..." even though "install" appears to be unmarked.

WARNING:
You may not want to get build 47 anyway! The installer was unable to download "something", and I was forced to abort installation. So now I have no SUPER © at all!
 :tellme:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:01 PM by Curt »

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 01:26 PM »
Sounds like a super pita to deal with this program at this point. At least there are numerous alternatives nowadays.

Anyway, please let us know how you decide to resolve this mess. :o

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 04:26 PM »
... let us know how you decide to resolve this mess.

-I don't.

... now I have no SUPER © at all!

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 04:47 PM »
OIC. Now & forever, huh?  You've thrown in the towel? Called it a day? Waived the white flag?  ;)

Well, I'm sure you will find a worthy replacement. Or at least use an older version without the current installation issues.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 05:18 PM »
ehh... I am not actually short on converters, either.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 07:00 PM »
SUPER © 2011 Build 47
WARNING:
You may not want to get build 47 anyway! The installer was unable to download "something", and I was forced to abort installation. So now I have no SUPER © at all!

the embellishments started from build 45's installer itself.. that's why i am only using build 42 now.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 07:41 PM »
@Curt - FWIW, the Filehippo website maintains an archive of the most current along with numerous previous releases of Super. Link here.

:Thmbsup:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 07:48 PM by 40hz »

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 08:11 PM »
SUPER © 2011 Build 47

http://majorgeeks.com/Super_d5117.html
or
http://www.filehippo.com/download_super/

Edited:
My installer wanted to install a third party program named Registry Reviver. It seems you may need to click "Do NOT install..." even though "install" appears to be unmarked.

WARNING:
 :tellme:

Part of the issue you encountered is may be caused by a piece of software called Open Candy.

There's an ongoing discussion about Open Candy in this DoCo thread.

There's a good amount of debate surrounding this software. OC's creators insist it should not be classified as adware - so long as you very narrowly define what constitutes adware - like they do. Microsoft disagrees. MSE is currently flagging OC as potentially harmful adware, and has so far refused to change this classification despite protests from OC and some developers who are now including it with their software.

Despite assurances form OC's authors, and a public relations effort from OC (and the people who are incorporating it into their installers) many end-users are complaining about it. And the explanations and justifications from OC aren't doing much to make it more acceptable to them.

Gizmo's website (www.techsupportalert.com) is having discussions about how best to handle any software shipping with Open Candy as part of the installation package. And a sitewide policy regarding the listing and review of such software is currently in the draft/discussion phase. Right now, it doesn't look too good for software that includes it.

Be interesting to see how this eventually plays out. 8)

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 05:40 AM by 40hz, Reason: Qualified the first sentence »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 02:58 AM »
SUPER © 2011 Build 47
WARNING:

the embellishments started from build 45's installer itself.. that's why i am only using build 42 now.
@Curt - FWIW, the Filehippo website maintains an archive of the most current along with numerous previous releases of Super. Link here.

:Thmbsup:

I find it really weird / worrying that the changelog doesn't mention it.  :tellme:
http://www.filehippo...oad_super/changelog/

FYI: I have installed build 47. This time there were no problems. The "something" that it wanted to download (but couldn't, the first time) were merely more converter things.

BTW, from the installer:

SUPER © (Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer) is nothing more than a trivial graphic user interface to the famous line command encoders:

FFmpeg, MEncoder, MPlayer, x264, MusePack, Monkey's audio, Shorten audio, TAK audio, True audio, WavPack, the libavcodec library & the theora/vorbis RealProducer's plugIn.
-SUPER on SUPER