ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SUPER © updated, download from Major Geeks

<< < (2/5) > >>

Tuxman:
Now that looks well-thought, if they even hide their own downloads.

JavaJones:
Looks like a nice update with FLAC, TS and M2TS (common DVR and/or HD disc format), and improved multithreading. Woo! And thanks for the easier download link. Believe it or not I've been using this app for several years now and never bothered to find an easier DL link, even though I too am of course annoyed no end by their crappy website...

- Oshyan

Innuendo:
http://www.erightsoft.biz/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe (won't work from here but does work when on their web site)-y0himba (January 02, 2010, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Works from here if you use Firefox with a plugin that feeds any links self-referring referrers. ;)

Curt:
http://www.erightsoft.biz/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe (won't work from here but does work when on their web site)-y0himba (January 02, 2010, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Works from here if you use Firefox with a plugin that feeds any links self-referring referrers. ;)
-Innuendo (January 04, 2010, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
@Innuendo
your answer went above my head. Could you please name such plugin/addon, to make me understand what kind of application it is?

Innuendo:
your answer went above my head. Could you please name such plugin/addon, to make me understand what kind of application it is?-Curt (January 05, 2010, 02:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll try the simple explanation & I'm sure if I falter someone will come along and correct me. When you follow any link whether it be a link to a file or a link to a web page one bit of info that is passed on to the server hosting that link is what is called the referrer. This is the referring page from which you are clicking on the link. It's mostly functionality used so that web server admins can see where traffic to their server is coming from.

To use that link download link above as an example, when you click on it your browser contacts the www.enright.biz server & makes the request for that file. Along with the request your browser passes along the information that this link is being clicked on a DonationCoder.com web page. Usually this is where the story ends, but this practice I just described is called hot-linking & some server admins take a dim view of such so they code their servers to only accept download link requests that have as the referrer information their own servers. Any download request lacking this information will either simply not work or you'll get a rude message telling you to quit hot-linking.

The solution I alluded to regarding this problem is that there are Firefox extensions (and Ad Muncher will do it as well) will take any download link you click upon and will, again using the link above as an example, change the referrer from "www.donationcoder.com" to "www.enright.biz" getting around the hot-linking prevention code. It also has a side-effect of not showing web server admins where you are coming from.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version