topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Complaint: Buy a game twice on Steam? Steam says, thanks for the donation.  (Read 7974 times)

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I am not the only one that has complained about this, but today is the first time I became aware of this. I had purchased Multiwinia in the past, on sale, on Steam. Today they have Multiwinia bundled with Darwinia for only $2.99. (I know, I'll wait here while you go buy it. 8) Back? Ok, let's continue.) So I expected to be able to gift my second copy of Multiwinia to my girlfriend so we could play together. Nope. When I complete my purchase my "old" copy of Multiwinia was "Not Installed" and my new copy was ready to be installed. I basically lost one of my legally purchased license keys to neverneverland. That sucks. I can't believe Steam still does this after all of the complaints. I am wondering if a class action lawsuit is in order.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 11:04 AM by tinjaw »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
yeah, this is a major oversight by Steam. 1+1 is always 2 in any laws of trade. however complaints about this in their forums is normally met with a standard reply. seriously flawed. :o

Steam Purchase Gifts and Guest Passes.
https://support.stea...p?ref=6262-QXCN-0755

Extra Copies
https://support.stea...p?ref=4502-TPJL-2656
-

gexecuter

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Move over and give us some room...
    • View Profile
    • Elite Freeware
    • Donate to Member
Steam rarely allows gifting of extra copy of games you own if you buy a pack, it blows but i am not sure if you can do something about it.
Mouser is made of win and awesome!

y0himba

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Yar.
    • View Profile
    • y0himba.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Can you view the game's key then give it to her, and have her activate it on Steam?