topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:27 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: estf.ahk (renamed from ExplorerSelectionToFARR.ahk)  (Read 4772 times)

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
estf.ahk (renamed from ExplorerSelectionToFARR.ahk)
« on: January 01, 2010, 04:19 AM »
I put together estf [1] (ahk, exe) which tries to do the following:

With a file or folder selected in Windows Explorer press a hotkey to bring up FARR and have the selected item appear in FARR

The hotkey and path to FARR's executable are configurable via an ini file -- they default to holding down the Windows key while pressing "s" and C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\FindAndRunRobot.exe respectively.

It's got some limitations (e.g. it won't work when Windows Explorer is viewing things like "My Computer"), but it seems to work ok for many situations locally.  

Perhaps other might also find it useful.

I heard a rumor that something like this may have been suggested before, but I didn't succeed in turning up the relevant thread(s)/post(s).  If someone else manages to find it/them, please let me know.

[1] Renamed from 'ExploreSelectionToFARR'.

Update: exe MD5: 98b2e29d99d5e7a881efef221d2b8343
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:10 PM by ewemoa »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ExplorerSelectionToFARR.ahk
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 07:33 AM »
very nice. though i don't use Explorer as the default file manager, i can see how this can be useful. thanks ewemoa. :up:

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ExplorerSelectionToFARR.ahk
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 10:02 PM »
Thanks for the feedback :)

I'm continually amazed by how it's such a pain to get apps to work together -- though am grateful that there are things like AutoHotkey (and its community) that make it at least doable in many cases!