ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Resources for learning git?

<< < (5/11) > >>

ewemoa:
About a year later...

The article that makes git click for me was http://www.newartisans.com/2008/04/git-from-the-bottom-up.html .
-ecaradec (May 10, 2010, 07:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm revisiting a PDF version of the article and finding it helpful  :Thmbsup:

ewemoa:
Still making my first pass through Mastering Git Basics (Erlang Factory SF Bay Area 2010 Talks), but am finding the alternating slides of "git command with brief example(s)" followed by a corresponding summary picture slide, to be a nice idea.

Thanks to phitsc for the ACCU 2011 mentioning where I first learned about a version of this talk :)

P.S. The ACCU version of the talk seems to be longer and gets further along in the slides.

ewemoa:
I highly recommend the Pro Git book, but it may be a bit too deep as a first introduction.
-parkint (January 22, 2010, 08:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Recently I came across a .epub version.  The online version seems a bit easier to read, but it's nice to be able to access the content offline.

ewemoa:
(as well as gitosis - seems pretty nice)
-f0dder (March 08, 2010, 01:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

On a side note, I saw on SuperUser that:

"Gitosis is deprecated and isn't being developed anymore, so if bugs are found they will likely never be fixed. Gitolite was created as a gitosis replacement with far better features, debugging, and troubleshooting abilities."

--- End quote ---

I didn't turn up a more upstream reference to this claim, but I did notice similar things being mentioned elsewhere.

ewemoa:
The following seemed pretty decent:

The Git Parable

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version