ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea: Utility to allow user to set delay for AutoHide toolbar activation

(1/4) > >>

mbrazil:
I guess I posted this in the wrong place last week :-[, so I'm posting it again here, and if one of the moderators sees this, they can delete the other one in the main Coding Snacks forum.

I'd like to have a Windows tray app utility that would allow me to set the length of the time delay before Windows toolbars (the Taskbar and any user-created toolbars) that are docked at the top, bottom, left, and/or right edges of the screen appear when AutoHide is enabled. If possible, the time delay should be independently adjustable for each toolbar or (by name), or otherwise for whatever toolbar is docked at one of the four screen edges. The time delay should be adjustable in increments of 1 ms from 0 seconds to 5 seconds, and in 1-second increments above 5 seconds. The UI for configuring the app should be invoked by adding an option to the toolbar context menu (right-click) and/or by its tray icon. This app should be compatible, at minimum, with Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.

The only program I can find that does some of this is Taskbar Activate, but it does not allow for different delays for different toolbars or screen edges, it isn't very reliable, and it tends to cause some problems with other aspects of the UI.

tomos:
other thread here https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=21126.0

I'd love to get something like this as well, for the taskbar, and, (if possible) for a Directory Opus taskbar-like toolbar

[edit] I'm on XP SP2 btw [/edit]

skwire:
For the record, I removed the duplicate thread of this one.

mbrazil:
For the record, I removed the duplicate thread of this one.
-skwire (January 03, 2010, 08:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, skwire.

mbrazil:
No takers? Maybe I didn't explain it well enough. When the Windows taskbar is set to autohide, it unhides immediately when the cursor touches the edge of the screen where it's docked. This is also true of any other Windows toolbars you create and dock to other screen edges. What I'm looking for is a way to set a delay before the taskbar and/or toolbars unhide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version