ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

A free laptop mouse replacement software.

<< < (2/2)

JennyB:
It seems to work quite well for what it does. The Create Coolkey context menu item is nice.  :up:

But it's a hotkey editor, not a  mouse replacement and should be marketed as such. How do you show the Coolkeys interface or delete a key entry without using a mouse?

The two perennial problems with hotkeys are:

* Remembering them all

* Picking one that isn't already assigned
It would help both if there was a coolkey action that popped up a menu of actions that could be triggered by the next key. If it had that, it would definitely be a keeper!  8)

slowmaker:
It would help both if there was a coolkey action that popped up a menu of actions that could be triggered by the next key. If it had that, it would definitely be a keeper!
-JennyB (October 21, 2009, 05:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm intrigued by this statement. Do you mean that when I press, say, the Ctrl key, then this hypothetical feature would pop-up a listing of all the hotkeys beginning with Ctrl? And the same presumably for the Winkey, the Alt key, and combinations thereof as long as no actual full hotkey sequence is pressed? I think that would be a neat utility in its own right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version