ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows XP SP3 due for release .... (don't hold your breath)

<< < (4/5) > >>

Carol Haynes:
True - however if you download a single file by Torrent check your Event Viewer and I bet you find hundreds of 'out of available connections' errors. It definitely slows things down and limits your use of the internet.

Lashiec:
Mmm, perhaps I'll try with the patch, to see if there are some benefits. It seems that Vista still has this limit, so I wouldn't count on XP SP3 to remove it.

Josh:
Windows XP SP3 is nothing more than a cumulative update of all patches since sp2 with maybe 1 to 2 minor changes, the address bar toolbar removal (For Example). This should be the last major update to XP in its history.

johnjinsf:
I updated to XP SP3 earlier in the week and today in my Event Viewer was Source : TCPIP   Event ID 4226 - TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

There is no updated posted at http://www.lvllord.de/.

I am hesitant to apply the old fix, because under XP SP3, tcpip.sys has a new release - Version 5.1.2600.5512 - it looks like everything in SP3 has the .5512 at the end to designate SP3.

Has anyone else hit this snag?

Thanks

f0dder:
If the TCP/IP patcher has any form of intelligence, it will search for a "magic byte sequence", instead of doing hardcoded address patches... so it might very well work for the SP3 version. I'd try it in a virtual machine before a live system, though :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version