ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

TeraCopy Pro only $11 (50% off at BDJ)

<< < (4/4)

MilesAhead:
btw can anyone tell me if the 2.12 Pro version still has that AutoMinimize behavior on the 2nd instance where  you have to hit the Start Now button before the timer runs down?(There doesn't seem to be a full featured Trial Version of Pro.  If you click download instead of buy you get the free version. No way to know exactly what you are going to get if you pay.)

I'm having trouble finding a 64 bit free Windows file manager that can multi-task.  I thought I'd try the approach of using a 64 bit file copy utility to offload the copy operation avoiding file manager freeze with multi-GB files.  Turns out there aren't many of those for free either.  Many have some quirk that makes them unusable.  For example, one pops up a status dialog in the corner near the task tray.  You can move it, but when it opens again, it's right back to where you didn't want it. Stuff like that just makes the utility unusable for me.

Curt:
Buy TeraCopy Pro  – 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
--- End quote ---

MilesAhead:
Buy TeraCopy Pro  – 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
--- End quote ---
-Curt (January 21, 2010, 03:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

$ back != try before you buy

It's like them mail-in rebates where I forget the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explainin' what each when wuz when they tell me they're not gonna' send the check.

edit: but so far it looks like the free one will do what I need.  If I could get it for $11 that would but I'm only going to use it to copy GB files out of a file manager that doesn't multi-task.  Explorer copy on Vista64 is actually pretty much the same afa transfer speed for my usage.

MilesAhead:
After trying this a bit more I see how he is working the Auto Minimize.  For some reason I thought it required manual intervention to start the next operation.  Works fine the way it is.  The minimized instances will execute in order.  Perfect for my usage with Q-Dir.

MilesAhead:
btw since I mentioned KillCopy, I found the fix for the Start Menu shortcuts for "network" and "normal" configuration, for 64 bit Windows.  If you substitute SysWow64 for System32 in the shortcuts, they will work.

One nice way to use KillCopy is in throttled mode.  Say you want to copy a large file over the Lan in the background without hobbling your PC.  It has a slider for % of bandwidth etc..   While the copy is going on, if you want to revert to 100% or make other adjustments, there's a Settings Button on the copy window.  The Settings has 3 ways to close.. Cancel, Ok, and Save as default.. this makes it convenient to speed up a copy to get it done without changing your default throttle setting.  I use KillCopy for throttled copy and TeraCopy or Explorer drag & drop for full speed.

Many of the skins have non-English text but the Standard skin that's always available is in English.  There are several others that can be downloaded from the site with English text.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version