ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

TeraCopy Pro only $11 (50% off at BDJ)

<< < (2/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
When I was running Vista pre SP1 it suffered from slow shell copy. For awhile I was using TeraCopy free versions including betas.  After awhile I went to KillCopy

KillCopy is free.  The UI is a bit quirky.  I could never quite figure out if I was supposed to set an option in the "regular" version or the "network" version of the settings.  So I just set them both the same.  It did work afaict, more consistently than TeraCopy.  I haven't tried the new 2.1 stable version of TeraCopy.  Maybe they got the bugs out.

For copying thousands of files I recommend RichCopy

superboyac:
I just like Teracopy.  I haven't used the other ones, so I can't compare.  I also like the author, and his other software like Direct Folders, which is my favorite dialog utility.  And $11 is as cheap as it gets for software, so i don't even think about that.  Sometimes, you just want to support the guy.  Sometimes, I feel the consumer community, including some of us here, are quick to criticize the developers just because they want to charge a little money for their software.  I mean, I agree that sometimes the freeware is preferred over the shareware, but that doesn't mean the shareware is bad just because it costs more.  Sometimes, they are both good, there's no need to put a negative spin on the shareware.  The freeware guy is not necessarily a better person for not charging and vice versa.

Tuxman:
Indeed, superboyac, and I am one of those willing to pay for some really good software - when there is a good reason to do that. So the payware should have something really outstanding (for me).

superboyac:
Indeed, superboyac, and I am one of those willing to pay for some really good software - when there is a good reason to do that. So the payware should have something really outstanding (for me).
-Tuxman (December 28, 2009, 10:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
And I don't disagree with you at all.  It's just that I've been hearing and reading a lot lately about a sort of resentment for anybody that charges for software...subtle, not overly bashing them.  Almost like, "How dare they charge me $20 for this!".  I'm not saying you or this thread specifically.  It's just a feeling I've been getting lately.  I may be being overly sensitive to it.  And many people expect to pay $20 for a program, and have that author wait hand and foot and do everything just like they are imagining.  I'm not saying authors shouldn't be very responsive and friendly, but I can also understand if they take their time or are not so responsive to everyone's issues.  I may be being overly sensitive...

MilesAhead:
@superboyac I have to agree with your last comments on the freeware/payware thing. If you do try to sell your software, the distributors try to suck all the profit out of the venture.  As in most businesses I guess.  I've submitted programs that are on lots of download sites, to particular download sites, that still haven't showed after years because I didn't pay the $250 vig.

It's just barriers to the individual trying to sell anything.  Like needing a $500 license to sell $.05 Kool-aid on the corner.  Forget it!! Got to have a big trust fund or a corporate pal.  How else can you absorb these costs?  Not on donations man.

That's why I chucked it and changed all my stuff to fully functional donation-ware.  At least a few people will use some of my utilities that way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version