Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 26, 2014, 04:13:32 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Circle Dock: A truly multi-lingual program  (Read 5050 times)
Markham
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 27, 2009, 11:39:04 PM »

Circle Dock Version 1 supports more languages than ever before and (probably) supports more languages than any of its competitors! A total of 53 languages, including the default English language, are available and to save you the trouble of downloading separate language packs, all the language files are included as standard.

Here are a few example screenshots of the same page in the Settings Window, starting with English:

Now here's that same page in Chinese, French, Korean, Russian and Spanish:

And we don't ignore users whose languages are written right-to-left. The same page in Arabic and Hindu:

As you can see, for "right-to-left" languages, the Window has been re-laid out to appear consistent with other RTL-supporting applications.

Needless to say and in spite of our best endeavours, we do not support every language spoken in the world. There are some notable exceptions. We don't, for example, currently support the Brazilian dialect of Portuguese or French Canadian or Urdu. But we'd like to and if you are a native speaker of any of the languages we don't yet support and you are prepared to translate in excess of 400 text items, please let us know, we could use your help!

Mark.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 11:42:46 PM »

Wow  Kiss
stockgod
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 08:24:22 AM »

Chinese language is not properly translated.Sad
meet2002
Participant

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 09:39:35 AM »

Hehe, It is getting so wonderful now,Thanks for your efforts.  Merry christmas and Happy New Year, Guys.
Markham
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 10:05:12 AM »

Chinese language is not properly translated.Sad
There are in fact 5 language files for Chinese so I'm fairly sure you'll find that one of them suits your needs smiley

Mark
Padz
Participant

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 12:34:24 PM »

Spanish translation is very poor for CD1.5, like a google translation, in 1.0 was fine. I can make a better one, I need to translate "language.txt" or "spanish.lng"?
sgtevmckay

Magis Esse

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 12:55:00 PM »

Apologies for the bad translation. My Espanol and Conquistadora is very poor indeed  embarassed

The .lng File is what is needed to be adjusted.

Also:
There are 2 Spanish files:
Spanish.lng
Spanish (Alternative).lng

The English.lng is a good reference.

The editing can be done in any simple editor (ie. Notepad or Notepad++)

A clean translation would be greatly appreciated
Padz
Participant

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 01:43:53 PM »

the two translation files are the same (the original and alternative).

ready then. may take some time for my work in RL but I think it will be done in a week or two Wink

I really like this program, I use it since the old versions, that's why I like to collaborate in some way
sgtevmckay

Magis Esse

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 01:56:07 PM »

the two translation files are the same (the original and alternative).

ready then. may take some time for my work in RL but I think it will be done in a week or two Wink

I really like this program, I use it since the old versions, that's why I like to collaborate in some way

No problem, Take your time.

Know that your assistance is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Markham
Honorary Member

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 09:52:45 PM »

Spanish translation is very poor for CD1.5, like a google translation, in 1.0 was fine. I can make a better one, I need to translate "language.txt" or "spanish.lng"?
I am somewhat surprised that you should say that. All the language files are essentially the same as they were for v1.0 but with the addition of around 50 new texts.

The help file has a section about preparing and submitting a new translation which may be of assistance to you. Incidentally, the most recent version of the help system is always available online at the following address: http://markham.dcmembers.com/Help/index.html.

In addition to what is written there, it occurs to me that there may be only a few words/phrases that need changing in a particular language file, in which case, please follow this procedure:

1. Use "Language.Txt" as the template and save a copy using the same name as the language you wish to update but with the ".txt" extension. If you want to update both Spanish language files, you will have to save "Language.Txt" as "Spanish.txt" and "Spanish (Alternative).txt".

Now, for each file in turn:

2. At the top of the TXT file, you'll see a section "[LanguageFile]", modify the following items:
   (a). LanguageName= the name of the language written in that language
   (b). LanguageID= the two-letter code for the language which you will find further down in the file in the "[Languages]" section. For Spanish this is "es".
   (c). FileAuthor= your real name
   Leave all remaining items in the "[LanguageFile]" section as they are.

3. Delete all lines that you don't wish to translate, but DO NOT delete any of the Section Headers - items enclosed in square brackets, eg "[Cues]".

4. Translate the remaining lines.

5. Resave the file and post as an attachment to a message in this topic.

Once your changes have been checked and incorporated into the language file masters, we will make the amended language files available.

Mark
endeco
Participant

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 11:18:19 PM »

Downloaded 1.5.6 (did not look.). If Russian as in 1.0.23, cheesy it will translate itself. Later send you.
Really like your program! Thmbsup
sgtevmckay

Magis Esse

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 11:32:04 PM »

Greetings endeco
Welcome to Donationcoder.com and Circle Docks little part of it all

If you find that an update is needed, your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your checking on us and making sure Circle Dock is improved for all  Thmbsup

Regards
The Sarge
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.037s | Server load: 0.1 ]