ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: A single hotkey that runs a single command line. Smallest. Snack. Ever?

(1/1)

tmpusr:
Should just wait and consume no CPU.

If you can make an icon or a colored or transparent area that runs a program when clicked, that'd be nice to have too for the occasions when pressing or remembering a hot key is just too much work. A single pixel in a corner would be nice.

SleepingWolf:
I guess the obvious questions are 1) Which operating system? 2) What command line? 3) Is a gui required for changing the command line? 4) Or is changing a .ini style file sufficient?

I can't help feeling you'd be better off with a launcher style program like popsel, qsel, our-own (or rather Mousers' own) FARR or launchy. Either one could be tethered to a hotkey (using start-menu shortcuts for instance).

steeladept:
Isn't that what the "Run..." option is for in XP?  If so, I know Vista and 7 have something similar, though I don't remember where or what it is called since I don't use those systems much.

Sorry, missed the hotkey request.  The windows hotkey for this is Win+R.  See?  Already built in - no extra resources.  Now FARR is great if you want to extend that, but for this single snack, Win+R works great.

f0dder:
Sorry, missed the hotkey request.  The windows hotkey for this is Win+R.  See?  Already built in - no extra resources.-steeladept (January 08, 2010, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Except if you want to run a predefined command-line :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version