Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 23, 2014, 11:02:18 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: NANY 2010 Release: FarrSpell  (Read 36656 times)
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 09:11:22 PM »

Quote from: mouser
readme points to additional dictionaries you can download and configure
Oh, now you want us to read something  Grin  embarassed

Chris
skwire
Global Moderator

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010, 03:25:32 AM »

Wowza...I almost missed seeing this.  Great work, mouser.

rnlduke
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 09:14:11 PM »

First Post! Roll Eyes

Love this plugin, works extremely well --Though I wish it had the definitions listed as well, then I could finally ditch WordWeb...
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 09:21:09 PM »

you can right click on a word and get a definition via web search.
also try the "define" alias.

ps.
congrats on your first post  Thmbsup
Perry Mowbray
N.A.N.Y. Organizer

Thoughtful Scribbles

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 09:37:38 PM »

plus there will be dictionary searches for WebMetaSearch: I've got one I've been working on that uses onelook and does definitions, reverse, etc  smiley

rnlduke
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2010, 09:45:19 PM »

you can right click on a word and get a definition via web search.
also try the "define" alias.

ps.
congrats on your first post  Thmbsup

Thmbsup Cool! This is great! Is there a way to reorganize the dictionary listing though? I prefer Dictionary.com over Merriam Webster...
Perry Mowbray
N.A.N.Y. Organizer

Thoughtful Scribbles

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2010, 10:31:51 PM »

Just type define into FARR and you get a selection of sites to look up

edit:
 embarassed  I think I missed the fact that you wanted to move Dictionary.com above Websters in the list (not just select it).

As mouser says below, best to make a copy and edit that one. The original can be disabled, or I guess you could give the edited one a different search string  undecided
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:54:03 PM by Perry Mowbray » Logged

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2010, 11:37:23 PM »

Is there a way to reorganize the dictionary listing though? I prefer Dictionary.com over Merriam Webster...

that list is defined inside an alias file called Core_Aliaseses\Core-Linguistics.alias

you shouldnt modify the those pre-defined aliases files since they will get overwritten on the next update, but what you can do is make a copy of that alias file in your own alias directory and then use that one and disable the built in one.

i realize that sounds a bit complicated.. i think someone needs to make a little tutorial on doing that, as it's a bit hard to just explain.
Perry Mowbray
N.A.N.Y. Organizer

Thoughtful Scribbles

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2010, 11:49:38 PM »

Is it not possible to dynamically sort that list on previous hits?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:54:35 PM by Perry Mowbray » Logged

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2010, 11:55:09 PM »

when you type define, it displays the contents of a single alias result list. these are not sorted based on use.  it might be an interesting idea to implement such a feature.. i'll consider it.
DocSavage
Supporting Member

Legend in my own mind

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2010, 06:54:10 PM »

Ah sur do lak this here plugg inn! Thmbsup

From believing in Santa to not believing in Santa, from being Santa to looking like Santa, I will never be younger than I am today!
larryt
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2010, 08:43:52 PM »

Really cool app  thumbs up cheesy... I'd like to have it 
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2010, 08:58:22 PM »

I'd like to have it

you can have it, just download it and unzip it into the Find and Run Robot Plugins directory.
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2010, 04:32:10 AM »

Very cool.... Thmbsup

If you need help - JUST ASK!
putnum
Participant

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2010, 01:12:52 PM »

I'm sorry I am a newbie with FARR and I love it!

I am wanting to be able to select text and have it use this plugin in farr can that be done?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2010, 02:16:57 PM »

can you explain a little more what you want to do?
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2010, 02:48:18 PM »

I think he wants to be able to select text in any application, right click it and choose "Spell check with FARRSpell". That is what I am gathering.

Strength in Knowledge
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2010, 03:10:54 PM »

if so that is quite easy to do.  go to the Hotkeys page of options and create yourself a new hotkey entry that looks something like this:

of course you can use whatever hotkey trigger key you want -- you may want to use ctrl+Break, if so make sure you uncheck the built in hotkey trigger that uses ctrl+Break.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2010, 03:11:45 PM »

the key is the "Copy selected text" option, and the "fs $$c" text, that tells farr to first copy any selected text, and then replace the search box with "fs "+whatever is on the clipboard.
putnum
Participant

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2010, 03:37:04 PM »

yes mouser that was it thank you so much!! smiley
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.04s | Server load: 0.21 ]