topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:11 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FARR will not run  (Read 3374 times)

Df2

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FARR will not run
« on: December 25, 2009, 11:06 PM »
FARR was working nicely until yesterday.  Now when I press the Break button all I get is a beep, nothing else.  The FARR icon is in the system tray so I assume it is running.

I uninstalled the program, using revouninstaller, rebooted and reinstalled.  No luck.  Still no beep.

I opened the search dialog from the icon, originally nothing was there.  Dragged and dropped one program and launched it with no problems.  When reopening the launch dialog, that program is still there, but no other.  But the Break button still does not work.

Any suggestions ?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR will not run
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 11:09 PM »
if you double click the tray icon, does it show farr normally?
if so, the first task will be identifying whether another program has taken over the break hotkey maybe..
try opening up farr options and go to hotkey tab and add another hotkey and see if that hotkey works.

when you say beep.. are you hearing the farr sound? the same sound as when you double click on the tray? or is it the system beep?

Df2

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR will not run
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 12:46 AM »
Thanks for the fast answer.

A double click on the FARR icon opens FARR normally.  In addition, I activated the ctrl+space hotkey and this does open FARR.  So it appears that some other program has hijacked the Break key.  I will try and find what it is.

I am not sure if it is the FARR beep because when I double click on FARR icon, I dont get a beep.  It most probably is the system beep