ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Library Management System 0.7 -- A tool for keeping track of your books!

(1/1)

jpprater:
What it is:  A tool for keeping track of your book collection and who you've loaned copies of your books to.
What it isn't:  A full-blown system for keeping track of the collection of a public library. ;) I wrote this to keep track of my personal library at home.  It would take some modifying for it to be ready for use with a really HUGE collection in a public environment.
Why I wrote it:  Other tools didn't really seem to offer me the functionality my wife and I wanted for keeping track of our books.  We wanted something nice and simple that could do certain things, and we didn't want a lot of fluff.  So it's fairly minimalist.  The features we need, and none of the ones we don't.  :Thmbsup:  If you want a feature that's not there, feel free to email me about it via the discussion group (see below).

Current features include:

* View/Edit/Delete existing books
* Add new books
* Search Amazon for book information when adding
* Track copies of books loaned to people
* Comment on each book or loan
* Works with almost any popular database engine
* Runs on Python using the web2py framework
Where to get it:  Download it from the project website.  Installation instructions are on the site.  It's open-source hosted on GoogleCode. :)  There's also a project discussion group hosted on Google Groups, so please send any comments, suggestions, or issues there.

mouser:
Hey isn't this a candidate for entering into NANY 2010?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version