Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 02, 2014, 06:46:49 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: What's the best text editor for editing PopUp Wisdom?  (Read 3504 times)
Paul Keith

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 24, 2009, 03:55:26 PM »

To follow up on my previous topic:

After trying to trim down the default books (not yet done), it is getting tiring having to select an entire line especially because you need to Word Wrap it to read it.

Another issue is duplicate quotes between books.

<reserve space for the day DC can auto-generate your signature from your personal PopUp Wisdom quotes>
Nada7
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 03:48:54 AM »

The notepad app I use is Notepad2, I really like it:

http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html
Tuxman
Supporting Member

OMG not him again!

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 12:53:59 PM »

Hmm, Vim?

I bet when Cheetahs race and one of them cheats, the other one goes "Man, you're such a Cheetah!" and they laugh & eat a zebra or whatever.
- @VeryGrumpyCat
rjbull
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 02:43:48 PM »

TED Notepad - excellent small, fast freeware editor with a plethora of useful tools built in.  For word wrap, choose the regular version, not the RE clone.  You need to check word wrap in Options, then Control-W wraps/unwraps text to screen.  TED Notepad has tools to deal with duplicates in the same file, i.e. remove them.  This won't work with different files at the same time: for that I suggest you investigate a Windows port of the Unix command-line tool "comm."  See my post here:  Re: Compare text files and keep only the DIFFERENT lines?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.08s | Server load: 0.06 ]