ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Good google toolbar (for Firefox) alternative?

(1/4) > >>

superboyac:
i was just wondering if there was a good alternative for the google toolbar for firefox?  I don't have a problem with it, but I was curious if there are better ones out there.  The only thing I use on it is the search box, translate, and the word highlighting/word-search buttons.  Again, i have no problem with it.  I just thought maybe people who don't like it use something better.  Sometimes third party developers make cooler things than the original company.

Tuxman:
Why do you want to use screenspace-wasting bars for trivial tasks at all?

superboyac:
Why do you want to use screenspace-wasting bars for trivial tasks at all?
-Tuxman (December 23, 2009, 10:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D If you are assuming I'm like one of you ultra-minimalist guys, please don't.

Just kidding.  But seriously, I'm not concerned about screen space at all.  I have two 24" wide screen monitors and I have plenty of real estate.  I don't even know what to do with it all.  And I love the screen wasting conveniences like toolbars.  I use a mouse a lot (i.e. I'm not a do everything with keyboard shortcuts guy).   :P

Tuxman:
Wide screen does not matter here, as toolbars are mostly horizontal.  :P

I don't expect you to be one of us  ;D, but I thought you actually had a reason to use a separate bar for something you can do well without it.

superboyac:
Wide screen does not matter here, as toolbars are mostly horizontal.  :P

I don't expect you to be one of us  ;D, but I thought you actually had a reason to use a separate bar for something you can do well without it.
-Tuxman (December 23, 2009, 10:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
My only reason is that I like the buttons that i mentioned above.  however, it is kind of redundant.  if I think about it, there are three places on the toolbar where i can enter google searches.  Oh well.  Actually make that two, ask.com has hijacked my location bar and i don't know how to fix it yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version