topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 4:51 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: The Steam Holiday Sale  (Read 4132 times)

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The Steam Holiday Sale
« on: December 22, 2009, 08:43 PM »
Just like last year, and not to let the rest of the competition reap all the benefits, Valve has started its massive Christmas sale. It can't be missed since the frontpage has been transformed into a massive ad, that is, there's no regular Steam page. In addition to savings up to 80% in most of the games in the store, each day until the 3rd of January, a set of daily deals will be published, with even greater savings over the Christmas discount.

Word of advice: Do not buy anything else except for the daily deals you might be interested in, since it may be possible that one day you find out Valve is offering such game for a lower price. Considering that some of the games offered during the past Thanksgiving Sale are available for much lower prices, I would not rule out such possibility. Heck, even I feel a little scammed after seeing some games I bought not that long ago now available for almost nothing.

Of course, once you know it's the last day of the sale, buy anything else you want without remorse! :D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 09:10 PM by Lashiec »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: The Steam Holiday Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 09:09 PM »
hehe.. Steam is quite famous for its xmas sale. one of today's special is Defense Grid: The Awakening which is 75% off. i'm still holding out for Deus Ex: GOTY edition. :)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 09:57 PM »
Valve has started its massive Christmas sale.
Thanks for the alert!

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 10:25 PM »
Anyone interested in Borderlands?  It's $100 for 4 copies... if I can get three other people, it's $25 each... any takers?