ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

DBISAM errors with Clipboard Help+Spell on Windows 7 System

<< < (2/5) > >>

mouser:
just exit chs and manually back up your clipboard help+spell directory, in program files AND in your MyDocuments area, and zip those up and put them someplace safe.

gaius.iulius:
Ok, I can do it, but I don't need the database. If this makes it easier to fix the bug ...

FreddyB:
I am getting the same problem as you:  I downloaded Clipboard Help + Sepll on a new Windows 7 System.  It worked fine for a while, but then I got an error DBISAM 12035 about two weeks after initial installation upon startup.  I uninstalled and re-installed, but got the same error message immediately and have since uninstalled again until there is a fix.  Love the program though.

mouser:
Ok let me see if i can track down the cause..

Here's a thought -- if one of you feels comfortable sending me your "corrupted" clipboard history data file from CHS, then zip up the Clipboard Help+Spell \ Database directory in your MyDocuments area and mail it to: [email protected]

I will treat it with utmost privacy but i also understand if you'd rather not send it.

FreddyB:
No can do.  As I uninstalled and reinstalled, I didn't back-up any of the clips (there were only a handful anyway) and now every time I copy something to the clipboard, in Word 2007 or Wordpad, nothing is transferred to Clipboard Help and Spell.  It is totally blank.  Create a new clip item - nothing happens.  Create a new group or the first time I copy something to the clipboard from Word or Wordpad:  First pop-up:  "TableGroups:  Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset." Second pop-up:  "TabelGroups:  Field 'Index' not found."

I am also getting different DBISAM errors on other programs, either Access or Excel, haven't looked into it yet.  I had installed many non-Win 7 software using the compatibility settings for XP or Vista.  This eventually caused all kinds of problems:  Chrome froze, Paint Shop Pro froze, IE8 froze.  I since removed almost all non Win 7 programs, and now it functions better, but of course I would like Clipboard Help and Spell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version