ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2010

NANY 2010 Teaser: Crush MCP (Master Control Program)

<< < (9/11) > >>

Tuxman:
Yeh.. thought so.  :P

bcpaladin:
Tuxman, if you want Obama, he's yours.  That aside, inventing something is different from making it accessible to the masses.  Whoever invented it, IBM , a company in an English-speaking nation, made the computer accessible to everyone.  But what this is really about is standards.  The OS community talks about standards all the time.  English has been the standard language in international business and shipping for a long time.  It has become the accepted standard for software as well.  I would hope that you could understand the need for standards.  If not, go ahead and try to make a living coding exclusively in German and see how much revenue that creates.  As for the rest of the content of your posts, if I thought like Obama, I would apologize for the arrogance of the U.S., and beg for forgiveness.  I don't so I won't.  If the education system in Germany failed to teach you why English has become dominant, I'm certainly not going to try to do so.   

Tuxman:
If the education system in Germany failed to teach you why English has become dominant, I'm certainly not going to try to do so.-bcpaladin (December 26, 2009, 12:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
The education system in Germany currently tries to teach young children British English. While I thought that B.E. is not so popular at all, the main problem is that not everybody will work for an IT company in his forthcoming life, so basically he should be taught to speak good German when talking to other Germans.

Standards are alright, but the language I communicate in is not standardized, it is chosen individually. The new German foreign minister, Guido Westerwelle, forced a scandal when a British journalist wanted to ask him in English during a German press conference and he just said "we're in Germany here". Now try to imagine the other way: A German journalist trying to talk German to an English politician in England (or, let's say, the States). What would you say?

I just can't stand my fellow men talking Denglish all day. It is, surely, a culture loss.
The lowest floor of a shopping center in Brunswick is called the "basement" (yep, basement, not "Keller", "Untergeschoss" or whatever). Car manufacturers add "engine start/stop" labels to the control panel while they, interesting!, add French labels for French cars. I wonder why everyone accepts that in France they speak French but they expect us to talk English instead of German.

Still talking about arrogance? Oh, come on!

Perry Mowbray:
A friend tested MCP yesterday on Windows XP professional. He wasn´t able to see any text in the windows. They should be instantly filled with texts.
Perhaps someone with XP could load the executable and write some lines about its behaviour? (see attachment in previous post)
-Crush (December 24, 2009, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry: I was just able to get back to this (I wasn't sure if you got adequate answers to you question amongst the language debate)... Seems OK on my XP Pro machine...

NANY 2010 Teaser: Crush MCP (Master Control Program)

The "Internet Infos" was interesting... 6 browser windows, some 404's. It may be better to test the links first then provide links/information in a separate window?

Kill Process didn't have any problems with MCP.exe  ;)

Crush:
The "Internet Infos" was interesting... 6 browser windows, some 404's. It may be better to test the links first then provide links/information in a separate window?
--- End quote ---
I´m now testing the urls for success before opening them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version