NANY 2010 Entry Information
|Application Name||What's My Share?|
|Short Description||Have you ever needed to divide up an expense among a group of people? Or split up some reward? The What's My Share page makes it easy.|
|Web Page (visit this to use it now)||http://krishean.dcmembers.com/myshare/|
What's my share lets you put in a total amount, a list of people and their percentages, and then it will calculate how much each person owes.
app thought i should enter a project for NANY 2010 and linked me to a post on the forums. I thought it would be easy to do and it ended up being a pretty fun project. A big thanks to mouser and the denizens of the donationcoder irc channel.
- Remember the last data entered in a cookie (except for IE, see known issues)
- Add or remove rows
- Format for printing with the option to add a title to the printout
- Normalization (adjust all share totals proportionately so that they total 100%)
- Clear All button
- Use * to specify an equal share of the remaining amount
- Warning displayed if percent is higher than 100%
- Warning displayed if shares do not add up to the total amount
There are no additional planned features, but i might add some more if they are suggested.
Start by entering the total amount to be divided up between participants. Then add each person followed by their share percentage. As you fill in the values, the amount of their share will be calculated and displayed instantly.
Internet Explorer is unable to use the remember last data function because of issues with the json handling functions.