topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:45 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: internet explorer desktop icon (right click)  (Read 8406 times)

rtdos

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: internet explorer desktop icon (right click)
« on: December 19, 2009, 04:50 PM »
is there an app that'll let me add links to the IE desktop icon (when you right click on it) and or link to the user's favorites folder?  i'd find it easier to launch my email or web-based anti-virus programs this way.  heck even launching windows update this way would be cool too!

parkint

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • It's bad luck to be superstitious
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: internet explorer desktop icon (right click)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 01:20 PM »
I think you need to clarify your idea a bit.
You can already right-click a page (in IE) and choose "Create Shortcut" to save a link on your desktop.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: internet explorer desktop icon (right click)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 01:39 PM »
Not sure if you are aware of this, but if you right click your taskbar and look under the "Toolbars" menu, there is an option for "Links" that will place the entire collection of favorites that you have on IE's Links toobar, on your taskbar as a toolbar. You can slide this toolbar as small as possible and get a little button with a double arrow, that when clicked will give you a popup menu with all your favorites.