ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Torchlight 50% off until Monday at Steam

<< < (5/6) > >>

Deozaan:
Once again it's $5 today only (for 16 more hours). I'll stay true to my word and buy it now. I hope it's as good as you all say!

Deozaan:
So I've given Torchlight a try on a PC that can handle it. A few thoughts:

Loading times take forever! Probably 20-30 seconds any time I go from town to the dungeon. Also, why the long load time just to show the menu, which upon clicking Continue makes it load all over again before letting me play? Ugh!

Being able to send your pet to town to sell your stuff is a great idea! Too bad they totally ruined it by completely interrupting the game whenever your pet returns. Is there any way to disable the "Your pet has returned!" notification that breaks the flow of gameplay? They have a voice announce the return of my pet anyway. So why couldn't the pet just come to you and drop the money at your feet, which would make you automatically pick it up and then you'd know how much he earned selling your crap without interrupting the game?

What's with the vague/interchangeable classes? I thought I picked the magic class, so why am I able to spend skillpoints on improving armor or melee or ranged weapons? Where are all my cool spells?

I'm not finding that the game flows very well. I find myself constantly stopping to sort the loot and send my pet to town to sell, which then stops the game again in a minute or so when he returns.

I'm practically falling asleep playing the game.

The music sounds very similar to Diablo music. Yeah, I know, the same guy did the music for Torchlight, but it just reminds me of Diablo and makes me wish I was playing it with some buddies instead of Torchlight alone.

I'd say it's a mediocre hack'n'slash with some (one?) really good--though poorly implemented--new idea(s). All in all I'm very glad I waited until it was $5 before I bought it. I would feel extremely disappointed had I spent more on it. I don't understand why everyone else seems to have nothing but high praise for it.

Deozaan:
For those interested, Steam is having a weekend deal on Torchlight. The game is $5 (75% off) for the weekend.

lanux128:
that's quite a number of times this game is being on sale. maybe they're taking advantage of the delays in Diablo 3.

wraith808:
And it's not just on sale on Steam... it's on sale everywhere...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version